Show me your design!

imag116.jpg

imag088.jpg

I have a different approach to add when it comes to knife designs. There is no drawing. It’s freehand with a magic marker on the steel and cut out with portable $80 band saw held to a shop beam with hose clamp. The secret to cutting seems to be the slow rpm of the blade). I do not know the size of the knife till it is done. Usually one time one of a kind never to be repeated blade. One line of designs is animal shapes. Here is the whale the eagle I have a humming bird a wolf. But just letting you know it is possible to simply freehand and not have a lot of equipment. If you are an artist, and can draw, all the math, computer work, numbers, measuring can simply not exist. That’s a note to those who might feel intimidated by ‘all that’ letting you know you can simply go for it. Draw it on steel and hand it to someone and say “Cut this out please” Or do it yourself. I used a torch at first, but takes a lot of grinding to get past the torch damage. The saw was I think $80 new.
hum%20bird%20neckknife%20blade%20%201111.jpg

Great thread...
My photo shop rendition on top and the real thing on the bottom
art_sculptureebbtidesknifeanddrawing.gif

And a better shot of the knife
ebivfeather.gif

Those CAD drawings are impressive.
Big learning curve with that program?

I've never actually made a knife but I want to give it a try soon. Here's a few simple designs that I would like to make

Neck knives
IMAG0066.jpg

Protech Godson frame lock and a dagger
IMAG0065.jpg

I'll start off with a couple of survival knives I designed on my new CAD software.

Really like the dimensioning. I use R12 and love it Ive had R10 and R14 and just started messing with knives and working out the 3d. (Solidworks) is really nice is anyone doing 3d?

Last edited:
I was going through a bunch of old stuff last night, and I came across all these drawings I did when I was in the 13-16 year old range- more than half my life ago.
It's a little embarrassing, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere!

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Nothing to be embarrassed about Lorien, you got some cool designs in there !

thanks Nikoknife48 : )
harkamus- hehe...yes.

Is that a monarch butterfly wing design on the handle? If so that is brilliant!

Kaleb

It is actually. I was trying to interpret the butterfly theme into this one. Kind of like how the BM51 Morpho is matching in colors to the butterfly of the same name. I really like how the grinds came out. Just what I like in a good cutter.

I've come up with a couple simple ones.

HX37Z.png

I also have been helping Chris Bowden (KFU) with some of his designs. Clich came up with the idea for this knife, Chris gave me the dimensions, and I drew it up. I love the way it came out.

DlRp6.jpg

I was going through a bunch of old stuff last night, and I came across all these drawings I did when I was in the 13-16 year old range- more than half my life ago.
It's a little embarrassing, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere!

Well, If you ask me... I think these are pretty DAYUM good for a 13-16 yr old kid!!!

Back