Show me your EDC flashlight!

Title says it all. Show me a pic of your edc flashlight and tell me why you love it.

Just picked up my first, an Olight S1 Baton. Really enjoying it so far. Great size, battery life, and output. Considering picking up something in AA/AAA, but know it won't get the battery life and output. Hoping to get as close as possible though, and something a little nicer looking (copper, etc.)

Stock pic until I can upload a reasonable one:
s1-3.png

My EDC light (no photos) is a Fenix PD25 and I do carry it every day in my pants pocket. I had a PD22 before which was good but the PD25 for me has just the right amount of output. I also carry an older PD32 in my briefcase and use it when I go to jobsites. Its spot is a bit tighter than the PD25 so even though it has less output it is more useful inside of big buildings. One of these days I would like to get a new PD35 for use in big buildings.
I didn't have a way to check the Olight when I bought the Fenix but since then my nephew bought one. The Olight S1 is smaller than the PD25 but has a larger spot so wouldn't be as useful for me. In the past I carried a Fenix LD01 which is a nice small size but not enough output. I thought about searching for a different AAA light with good output but finally decided I was OK with the larger PD25.
(For those that don't know the PD22 is a single CR123 with 220 lumens, the PD25 is also a single CR123 with about 400 lumens with lithium throwaways. The older PD32 is double CR123 with 320 lumens. The PD35 and the newest PD32 are closer to 1000 lumens.)

I've got the Maratac aa and aaa in copper.
The I use the aaa every day and the battery seems to last forever.
Hyperbole obviously but I changed the battery only to install a superior battery and checked the voltage on the old one and was still well over 1.5v.
Pretty decent output for a little flashlight as well.
My cr128 lights don't last half as long and the Maratacs have won 100% of my pocket time.

IMG_2052.jpg This is a Lumintop Titanium clicky with an extra clip attached. It can ride in my pocket or on a baseball cap.

Eagletac Ti Clicky. I have both the AA and CR123 version. I am currently carrying the AA version for ease of AA availability and cost, plus the CR123 was too short for the grip I like to use.
performance_hero.png

I love my Fenix E01. It's been on my keyring now for about 10 years, and it's never failed me. I love it!

Yes, I know there is many brighter lights, lights that will blind you at 50 yards, but Ihave no need of excess lumens to the point of overkill. The little E01 has traveled all over with me, from tarpon fishing in Key West to trout fishing in the Sierra Neveada's, to camping trips in the Shenandoah Mountains. It's such an old friend that it feels so right in my hand. It's like a favorite pocket knife, soon as your hand closes around it, it's like an old friend. It provided enough light and has a silly long run time. Takes a common easy to find battery. Someday it will wear out, so I have a spare in the sock drawer. I don't want another flashlight.

Right there with you sir. I've written many insane posts on another forum about my love for the Fenix E01 and even dabbled in a few "stress tests" like throwing one off of a three story parking garage and dragging the same light behind my car for a mile. The E01 was my first real flashlight and my favorite to this day. I've started modifying the lights output by sanding the LED as well as using sharpie to get a nice warm tint out of them. Greatest flashlight ever invented as far as I'm concerned.
image by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr
image by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

I love my Fenix E01. It's been on my keyring now for about 10 years, and it's never failed me. I love it!

Yes, I know there is many brighter lights, lights that will blind you at 50 yards, but Ihave no need of excess lumens to the point of overkill. The little E01 has traveled all over with me, from tarpon fishing in Key West to trout fishing in the Sierra Neveada's, to camping trips in the Shenandoah Mountains. It's such an old friend that it feels so right in my hand. It's like a favorite pocket knife, soon as your hand closes around it, it's like an old friend. It provided enough light and has a silly long run time. Takes a common easy to find battery. Someday it will wear out, so I have a spare in the sock drawer. I don't want another flashlight.

Eagletac Ti Clicky. I have both the AA and CR123 version. I am currently carrying the AA version for ease of AA availability and cost, plus the CR123 was too short for the grip I like to use.
performance_hero.png
AA version for me also. I have 2. I like the combination of spill, throw and color on this one. Easy to find battery.

Last edited:
Sorry no pics, but I also have an Olight S10 Baton, but I also use an L3 Illumination L10, AA light as well as Quark Tactical AA. I am moving away from AA though, and prefer the rechargeable RCR 123A, 14500, and my favorite the 18650 which I use for my Olight S30 Baton, and Sunwayman C20C. They are a little big for EDC though so to be honest my S10, or L10 goes with me most of the time.

This may be what you are looking for. I love mine. Olight S1A alot like you have. Runs off of AA or 14500 lithium ion. 600 lumintop max with 14500 battery. I love the copper and how it patinas.

Reactions: Mo2
For the last six years or so it's been this Titanium Ra Clicky...

But the last two weeks it's been my new Tain Azco Ti w/blue and green Tritium :D

~Chip

Last edited:
1495389690181557717921.jpg

I don't edc the r50 because its too large and heavy, but ill grab it often when I go out at night and need more lumens than the prince provides. the prince is my favorite and the s1 baton is my favorite smaller edc, I carry the prince and s1 the most.

I love my Cu R50 - and carry it regularly when I wear a jacket. I do have the "holster"; but I haven't used it yet, as I prefer pocket carry...I'll probably take it for a test drive in the near future, though.

This group is largely retired from EDC...though I keep the Thrunite on my nightstand, and I still use the two V54 Seraph/P60 mules fairly often (the darker one has 3 LEDs, the lighter is a single XPG2)
http://i.imgur.com/DaSMVyr.jpg

For my current EDC lights, I went on a bit of a copper kick. The Olight i3s is usually on one work ID (a TubeVN lives on the other one). The Manker Timeback has seen the least use - not because of the size/weight, but because of the switch. (I love it and hate it...the UI is great; but the switch is magnetic, so the light comes on randomly, lol
http://i.imgur.com/FAaXNW7.jpg

Not shown, I have a Nightcore EC4s that lives in my backpack - love that light; and a Fenix PD35 and Nitecore P12 are stashed for convenient use.

I also have a few full size lights, for special occasions.

Last edited:
I rotate between these daily. Thrunite T10t, Eagtac D25A Ti CW 2017/2015/2014, Streamlight Microstream and Foursevens Mini MKII Ti and AL.

IMG_2098.JPG

These are go-to lights around the house I use daily or almost daily. Convoy C8, Solarforce L2P w/single mode 1000 lumen drop in, Nitecore P12 on my nightstand and Fenix PD32 on hers.

IMG_2095.JPG

a1559ac7-f68b-476c-9914-d62d349dbeb8_zpsa6ai9lyn.jpg

Before hoarding guns, knives, multitools and Man Sacks, my first love was flashlights - and I own enough of them to light up Bolivia. From all those in my arsenal, the Streamlight Stylus Pro 2xAAA is my favorite EDC. Its nothing fancy, and has only one mode (which makes it easy to deploy), but it makes enough light to throw 30 or 40 feet with a run time of 6.5 hours. The tail clicky is pretty stiff, which allows me to drop it in my left front pocket with my keys, Sharpie, SAK and Fisher Space Pen, and know that it will not turn on in my pocket. Its just an effective, reliable light for under $20 on Amazon Prime.

05fd52c8-e1ab-47e5-835e-22e34a8497ce.jpg

Props to the Olight SMini. Tons of light, multiple outputs, and plenty of aesthetic appeal. The downside for EDC is the side switch, which will activate if dropped in the pocket. It works in a small belt sheath, but that's just something else dangling on my belt that I don't need. A great light otherwise, and with an output and features that were unthinkable when I first became hooked on lights 25 years ago.

I keep an Elzetta Alpha in my bag, but the light that is always in my pocket is a Streamlight Microstream:

0662F73A-D1E2-4EFE-949B-08CB036A3CEA_zpshiv2pn7w.jpg

I carry a Fenix pd35. I love it. I like having the brightness switch separated from the power switch. The brightness switch can be hard to find in a pinch. Being able to keep it on the lowest setting and not having to cycle through all the brightness levels is nice. I thought it would be too big but I usually don't notice in clipped in my pocket.

Hi! Mine is a Fenix TK11. Daily carry since some years now :). Never failed me, a good, rugged flashlight :thumbsup:.
x3yc21.jpg
4k91ky.jpg
e8634l.jpg

Back