1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Show off your 15's

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by m.and, Jun 19, 2014.

1. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Ramrodmb, mrknife, TFBraden and 3 others like this.
  2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    [​IMG]

3. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    [​IMG]

4. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    Boy, nailed it again, John!!:cool::cool::cool:

Chief likes this.
  5. SubSpace

SubSpace

May 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

6. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Great pic. Luv it.

7. SubSpace

SubSpace

May 26, 2011
    Thanks! My other hobby--

8. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Thank you sir, pile sides for your enjoyment. Single clip is all I need and 15s are perfect size. My black micarta is the snappiest of these three and my favorite, could see me carrying it.

[​IMG]

Spaten, JB in SC, fonedork and 12 others like this.
  9. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    That's a good looking knife there, Paul! :thumbsup:

I haven't picked up any of the bail and chain #15's, because I'm afraid I would find the chain more annoying than useful, and the prices compared to the non-bail-and-chain knives seem a bit high, but I have been tempted by Charlie's SFO (the bar shield and clip point blade are fantastic!) and that Maher & Grosh. I tried a few times to get ahold of one of Charlie's knives but struck out every time. Still tempted by that M&G, though.

JB in SC likes this.
  10. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Barrett, I understand your concern about the chain. I used my ebony version while under my truck and it caught on EVERYTHING:eek: I removed to finish my project with less frustration and installed the chain after I finished up. I'm on the hunt for Charlie's with a strong possibility of picking one up:thumbsup: The M&G is very nice. The blade etch will diminish in time but the tang stamps are pretty:cool::)

singin50 likes this.
  11. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    My favorite #15s are clip points with standard crescent nail nicks. You just can't beat them.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Spaten, Travman and 17 others like this.
  12. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    if Charlie's came out with no bail and chain, it might be the belle of the ball for this release. clip blade, elegant shield what more can a 15 collector ask for?! :thumbsup::eek:

JB in SC, Jolipapa, TFBraden and 2 others like this.
  13. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    these three dropped in today,

from @BigBiscuit to @LastRodeo and now to my collection

[​IMG]

from @waynorth the barlow guru himself!
    [​IMG]

welcome to the hoard!!!
    [​IMG]

just my clips
    [​IMG]

and the barlows by themselves, thanks @waynorth who without his brain child this endeavor would not exist and for providing me with my first and a few of those, to @BigBiscuit for that red soup bone, to @Dr-Mabuse for the ancient, and lastly to @LastRodeo for passing on the bigbiscuit mod
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    peanutsxx, Spaten, DelOro and 14 others like this.
  14. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Bail and Chain, still makes her the belle of the ball for me Jack;):):thumbsup:

Nice additions buddy:thumbsup::cool:

singin50 and mrknife like this.
  15. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    you're not wrong Pal, im tempted to locate a second one and fill the holes in with sterling silver and put in pocket! nahhhhh :D:D:D:D

paulhilborn likes this.
  16. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    @paulhilborn is there pics of the 78 easy open mod? I love my 78 but the pull can be so strong I don’t carry as often as I like, maybe adding an EO would help.

Thanks

Joe

17. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Unable to pm Joe, so here's a quick pic, pardon the 78 in the 15 thread porch members:oops:
    [​IMG]

Spaten, Burnt Stag, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  18. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    That’s great! Who/ how did you get it done, if you don’t mind me asking.

-Joe

19. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Left you a msg under your profile Joe:thumbsup:

mrknife likes this.
  20. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I agree with @mrknife , Charlie’s SFO Boy’s Knife is gorgeous. To me it is one of the best looking knives to come out in a while period. But I just do not like the chain. Rather than just not getting one, does anyone have any thoughts on how to modify the knife to hide the holes? I have thought about just taking the chain off of mine and leaving the bail in place. That would be not be much different than the Beer Scout or the Navy Knife. Any thoughts? Maybe I should reach out to our very own modification expert, @glennbad. Do you have any ideas on how to hide the holes in one of Charlie’s Boys’s Knives Glen? The dark color and jigging should make it easy to disguise.