Show off your 15's

ie6RP5g.jpg

That's a good looking knife there, Paul! :thumbsup:

I haven't picked up any of the bail and chain #15's, because I'm afraid I would find the chain more annoying than useful, and the prices compared to the non-bail-and-chain knives seem a bit high, but I have been tempted by Charlie's SFO (the bar shield and clip point blade are fantastic!) and that Maher & Grosh. I tried a few times to get ahold of one of Charlie's knives but struck out every time. Still tempted by that M&G, though.

That's a good looking knife there, Paul! :thumbsup:

I haven't picked up any of the bail and chain #15's, because I'm afraid I would find the chain more annoying than useful, and the prices compared to the non-bail-and-chain knives seem a bit high, but I have been tempted by Charlie's SFO (the bar shield and clip point blade are fantastic!) and that Maher & Grosh. I tried a few times to get ahold of one of Charlie's knives but struck out every time. Still tempted by that M&G, though.
Thanks Barrett, I understand your concern about the chain. I used my ebony version while under my truck and it caught on EVERYTHING:eek: I removed to finish my project with less frustration and installed the chain after I finished up. I'm on the hunt for Charlie's with a strong possibility of picking one up:thumbsup: The M&G is very nice. The blade etch will diminish in time but the tang stamps are pretty:cool::)

Thanks Barrett, I understand your concern about the chain. I used my ebony version while under my truck and it caught on EVERYTHING:eek: I removed to finish my project with less frustration and installed the chain after I finished up. I'm on the hunt for Charlie's with a strong possibility of picking one up:thumbsup: The M&G is very nice. The blade etch will diminish in time but the tang stamps are pretty:cool::)

if Charlie's came out with no bail and chain, it might be the belle of the ball for this release. clip blade, elegant shield what more can a 15 collector ask for?! :thumbsup::eek:

these three dropped in today,

from @BigBiscuit to @LastRodeo and now to my collection

z2CEgyT.jpg

from @waynorth the barlow guru himself!
ZkHPeJZ.jpg

welcome to the hoard!!!
ubgmNxT.jpg

just my clips
w62h7Qs.jpg

and the barlows by themselves, thanks @waynorth who without his brain child this endeavor would not exist and for providing me with my first and a few of those, to @BigBiscuit for that red soup bone, to @Dr-Mabuse for the ancient, and lastly to @LastRodeo for passing on the bigbiscuit mod
bcmWU76.jpg

Last edited:
Nice mod on the chain Paul. If I remember correctly you did a sweet EO mod on your smooth bone 78. You do very tasteful mods I must say.
Maybe GEC should hire you on as a mod consultant!!

paulhilborn paulhilborn is there pics of the 78 easy open mod? I love my 78 but the pull can be so strong I don’t carry as often as I like, maybe adding an EO would help.

Thanks

Joe

if Charlie's came out with no bail and chain, it might be the belle of the ball for this release. clip blade, elegant shield what more can a 15 collector ask for?! :thumbsup::eek:

you're not wrong Pal, im tempted to locate a second one and fill the holes in with sterling silver and put in pocket! nahhhhh :D:D:D:D

I agree with mrknife mrknife , Charlie’s SFO Boy’s Knife is gorgeous. To me it is one of the best looking knives to come out in a while period. But I just do not like the chain. Rather than just not getting one, does anyone have any thoughts on how to modify the knife to hide the holes? I have thought about just taking the chain off of mine and leaving the bail in place. That would be not be much different than the Beer Scout or the Navy Knife. Any thoughts? Maybe I should reach out to our very own modification expert, @glennbad. Do you have any ideas on how to hide the holes in one of Charlie’s Boys’s Knives Glen? The dark color and jigging should make it easy to disguise.

Back