Show off your 15's

I agree with mrknife mrknife , Charlie’s SFO Boy’s Knife is gorgeous. To me it is one of the best looking knives to come out in a while period. But I just do not like the chain. Rather than just not getting one, does anyone have any thoughts on how to modify the knife to hide the holes? I have thought about just taking the chain off of mine and leaving the bail in place. That would be not be much different than the Beer Scout or the Navy Knife. Any thoughts? Maybe I should reach out to our very own modification expert, @glennbad. Do you have any ideas on how to hide the holes in one of Charlie’s Boys’s Knives Glen? The dark color and jigging should make it easy to disguise.

i have given serious thought to obtaining a second one and filling the holes with sterling plugs. I could make em look like pins probably.

I agree with mrknife mrknife , Charlie’s SFO Boy’s Knife is gorgeous. To me it is one of the best looking knives to come out in a while period. But I just do not like the chain. Rather than just not getting one, does anyone have any thoughts on how to modify the knife to hide the holes? I have thought about just taking the chain off of mine and leaving the bail in place. That would be not be much different than the Beer Scout or the Navy Knife. Any thoughts? Maybe I should reach out to our very own modification expert, @glennbad. Do you have any ideas on how to hide the holes in one of Charlie’s Boys’s Knives Glen? The dark color and jigging should make it easy to disguise.

traumkommode traumkommode took off the bail on my Navy Lambsfoot and put a pin in the hole. I don't know if what he did would work on the bail and chains, but you could ask him (or he can share what he did here).

That pin in your knife Josh is the pin of the original bail. Just ground off the ends to get rid of the bail part. The blade on the clip point would likely crash into the pin most likely if you filled it. Kick is different and blade sits differently in the well. Methinks anyone doing this would be fully pleased by just removing the chain fastener. The holes don't really do anything except catch your eye if you're into letting them ;)

Today in my pocket!!

334uf10.jpg

does any one have a picture of a 15 clip thats been sharpened, quite sharpened or very well used?

Back