Show off your 15's

Those are two of the SFOs that were available in the first year of Beer Scout production; Gun Stock Jack's bloodwood "Gun Scout" and Knives Ship Free's camel bone "Soda Scout" (not official names but the names they adopted). There were no SFO Beer Scouts in the 2016 run. MerryMadMonk has the full set including the SFOs...NICE!
Thanks! I am very envious of @MerryMadMonk 's collection of Beer Scouts very impressive :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is my box-o-15s.
KxWPxjz.jpg

The first run of Beer Scouts (along with 4 scout SFOs added on to the run)...
6RsSc2T.jpg
Very NICE Mark and Al:thumbsup: Here is a similar drawer full:)
DZNIGS.jpg

I have been lobbying for a bearhead longpull spear in antique yellow jig boned for years now...let's keep the faith alive!

I'm certainly on your side! But lobbying implies political clout or corporation funding;):D

I'd like Ivory Bone, Appaloosa Bone and Red Micarta on this one. Stag I could tolerate too:D Funny they haven't offered the long pull, looks great on the 14 for instance :)

9LYYhoB.jpg

The first run of Beer Scouts (along with 4 scout SFOs added on to the run)...
6RsSc2T.jpg

Now that is collection perfection in my eyes!!! I so love the Beer Scouts, and don't think I've ever seen a full collection of them. I was only able to gobble up a few from the first run, the paper micarta Soda Scout, the gabon ebony, and eventually a couple of chestnut sawcut bones. I did grab the full second run, except for the acrylic.

I have such fond memories of the first run. There was so much forum hype and it was all so fun. So many amazing cover options, and more than enough jokes to go around. They weren't on the entire world's radar yet, so everybody could get the covers they loved most, without a ton of problems. It was a great opportunity to be a part of, and really brought out the best in people.

Now that is collection perfection in my eyes!!! I so love the Beer Scouts, and don't think I've ever seen a full collection of them. I was only able to gobble up a few from the first run, the paper micarta Soda Scout, the gabon ebony, and eventually a couple of chestnut sawcut bones. I did grab the full second run, except for the acrylic.

I have such fond memories of the first run. There was so much forum hype and it was all so fun. So many amazing cover options, and more than enough jokes to go around. They weren't on the entire world's radar yet, so everybody could get the covers they loved most, without a ton of problems. It was a great opportunity to be a part of, and really brought out the best in people.

Buzzbait...I so agree w/ your recollection of the pre-release chatter about the initial run of Beer Scout Knives....I wasn't an active member then but I was reading all of the comments, mini-arguments, and such. I still remember some member saying something along the lines of "the shield won't say Beer Scout Knife as we already know its a knife."

I noticed that Mark, the rendezvous release;):thumbsup:

Except for my nifebrite crown lifter, my collection of 15s including the Beer Scouts are all bone (and that one may not be acrylic for long...I am in the queue for Glenn's services!!!). I just favor bone covers on my traditional pocket knives.

Many folks don't know about the rendezvous Beer Scouts. I bought mine on the secondary market, I was aware of them and when it showed up for sale, I didn't hesitate to buy it.....I would love to find one of these...slightly more plentiful (5 total) ... (not my photo). I love the simplicity of the nail nick and lack of blade etch.

s-l1000.jpg

Taylor which ones are you most interested in? I don't have extras but I'm not after any others besides perhaps the smooth ivory bone spear point and the likelihood of one of those coming up for sale is slim to none. If I run across something, I can let you know.
Looking for saw cut or smooth white bone. Thanks for helping out!

I just rescued this one from the washing machine. My wife, bless her heart, decided to wash my pants without checking the pockets. Seems none the worse for wear after a blow dryer, some WD40, some more blow dryer, and some oiling. The red in the handles did bleed out a little, but doesn't bother me none. I'm glad it made it out okay...

Back