1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Show off your 15's

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by m.and, Jun 19, 2014.

1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I had a chance at one of those Gun Scouts and I am kicking myself for not getting it. I need some more beer scouts!

lavishmammal and Markeologist like this.
  2. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks! I am very envious of @MerryMadMonk 's collection of Beer Scouts very impressive :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Markeologist likes this.
  3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very NICE Mark and Al:thumbsup: Here is a similar drawer full:)
    [​IMG]

singin50, Pgg365247, GE Jr and 19 others like this.
  4. J_Curd

J_Curd Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    I have been lobbying for a bearhead longpull spear in antique yellow jig boned for years now...let's keep the faith alive!

Will Power likes this.
  5. J_Curd

J_Curd Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    You've got some dandies in there bud.

6. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Very Nice Paul...and best of all...I see what I consider the Holy Grail of Beer Scouts in your drawer...peek at mine and you will see another. There is only one other out there........

7. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I'm certainly on your side! But lobbying implies political clout or corporation funding;):D

I'd like Ivory Bone, Appaloosa Bone and Red Micarta on this one. Stag I could tolerate too:D Funny they haven't offered the long pull, looks great on the 14 for instance :)

[​IMG]

singin50, MJ71, paulhilborn and 11 others like this.
  8. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    They made some nice #15s back in 2013!
    15 boys knives 1.jpg
    These two have been sitting back in a drawer for over 5 years!! Finding them was like Christmas all over again!!

singin50, GE Jr, MJ71 and 21 others like this.
  9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    The pile sides!!:D
    15 boys knives 2.jpg

GE Jr, MJ71, Chief and 17 others like this.
  10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Now that is collection perfection in my eyes!!! I so love the Beer Scouts, and don't think I've ever seen a full collection of them. I was only able to gobble up a few from the first run, the paper micarta Soda Scout, the gabon ebony, and eventually a couple of chestnut sawcut bones. I did grab the full second run, except for the acrylic.

I have such fond memories of the first run. There was so much forum hype and it was all so fun. So many amazing cover options, and more than enough jokes to go around. They weren't on the entire world's radar yet, so everybody could get the covers they loved most, without a ton of problems. It was a great opportunity to be a part of, and really brought out the best in people.

11. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    I noticed that Mark, the rendezvous release;):thumbsup:

waynorth likes this.
  12. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Buzzbait...I so agree w/ your recollection of the pre-release chatter about the initial run of Beer Scout Knives....I wasn't an active member then but I was reading all of the comments, mini-arguments, and such. I still remember some member saying something along the lines of "the shield won't say Beer Scout Knife as we already know its a knife."

MerryMadMonk, tmd_87 and Buzzbait like this.
  13. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Except for my nifebrite crown lifter, my collection of 15s including the Beer Scouts are all bone (and that one may not be acrylic for long...I am in the queue for Glenn's services!!!). I just favor bone covers on my traditional pocket knives.

Many folks don't know about the rendezvous Beer Scouts. I bought mine on the secondary market, I was aware of them and when it showed up for sale, I didn't hesitate to buy it.....I would love to find one of these...slightly more plentiful (5 total) ... (not my photo). I love the simplicity of the nail nick and lack of blade etch.

[​IMG]

waynorth, GE Jr, MerryMadMonk and 7 others like this.
  14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    1263975C-6A15-4280-93B9-ED8AD60617BF.jpeg

Slicey

waynorth, MJ71, Chief and 8 others like this.
  15. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    A first release (2013) ebony Scout, as Sarah affectionately calls it "The Hershey Bar":thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

singin50, waynorth, GE Jr and 11 others like this.
  16. thepapercut

thepapercut

Aug 26, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

TFBraden, GE Jr, Chief and 8 others like this.
  17. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Jolipapa and paulhilborn like this.
  18. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Taylor which ones are you most interested in? I don't have extras but I'm not after any others besides perhaps the smooth ivory bone spear point and the likelihood of one of those coming up for sale is slim to none. If I run across something, I can let you know.

19. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Looking for saw cut or smooth white bone. Thanks for helping out!

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I just rescued this one from the washing machine. My wife, bless her heart, decided to wash my pants without checking the pockets. Seems none the worse for wear after a blow dryer, some WD40, some more blow dryer, and some oiling. The red in the handles did bleed out a little, but doesn't bother me none. I'm glad it made it out okay...

[​IMG]