Show off your 15's

0snz107.jpg

You're going to LOVE it.
Great thin size in the pocket, and nice slicey blade.
And GEC put some perfect walk and talk in those babies.
Nice! Can't wait to get it. I lucked out, instead of coffee and computer when I first got up like most mornings, I spent a couple hours moving furniture and polishing our floors. Logged in when I was done and there it was. Timing is everything!

Sometimes, not often, dreams come true :D

At the end of November I sent off a 15 Spear to J jsdistin for improvements. The saga began and this was no fault of his or mine. After a week my PO returned the packet to me with NO explanation. it had not left the country. Back it goes but I think it took until FEB to arrive:eek: In the meantime Jeff & I had agreed on details, some fine Himalayan Ram's Horn was set aside and I asked for a Rat-Tail bolster. The slabs are thick as I like this on a smaller single-blade. Third week of March Jeff had finished up the work and his photos set the knife pulse racing, he sends it out 24 March.

Then COVID kicks in :thumbsdown: The knife gets to Chicago and disappears into a maw. Weeks & months pass, no movement. I really feared it was a MIA-although I've NEVER had a parcel go missing from or to the USA, but nothing else has taken this long. Then it 'appears' in Helsinki 9th July!! Then it get's through my door 15th today (6 days from the capital? I don't live in a Lappish hut :D) All things come to those who wait eh? Yes. I'm really surprised to get it after all this time but I'm delighted with the finished product, it has a very aged look and the small Rat-Tail compliments the horn slabs. Superb workmanship from Jeff, custom level I have no hesitation in saying.

Return of the Native/ Prodigal Knife :D:thumbsup:

a7h3I0V.jpg

8IfkXhv.jpg

At the end of November I sent off a 15 Spear to J jsdistin for improvements. The saga began and this was no fault of his or mine. After a week my PO returned the packet to me with NO explanation. it had not left the country. Back it goes but I think it took until FEB to arrive:eek: In the meantime Jeff & I had agreed on details, some fine Himalayan Ram's Horn was set aside and I asked for a Rat-Tail bolster. The slabs are thick as I like this on a smaller single-blade. Third week of March Jeff had finished up the work and his photos set the knife pulse racing, he sends it out 24 March.

Then COVID kicks in :thumbsdown: The knife gets to Chicago and disappears into a maw. Weeks & months pass, no movement. I really feared it was a MIA-although I've NEVER had a parcel go missing from or to the USA, but nothing else has taken this long. Then it 'appears' in Helsinki 9th July!! Then it get's through my door 15th today (6 days from the capital? I don't live in a Lappish hut :D) All things come to those who wait eh? Yes. I'm really surprised to get it after all this time but I'm delighted with the finished product, it has a very aged look and the small Rat-Tail compliments the horn slabs. Superb workmanship from Jeff, custom level I have no hesitation in saying.

a7h3I0V.jpg

8IfkXhv.jpg
Congrats Will on the return of the knife! I remember your saga, and am glad it came to a happy conclusion. The knife looks great!

a7h3I0V.jpg

8IfkXhv.jpg
Definitely a hair raising experience. I’m glad it made it and thank you for the kind words!

a7h3I0V.jpg

8IfkXhv.jpg
Looks like it was worth the wait, Will! Quite a story!

Back