Show off your favorite sheaths for your Beckers!

DerekH

Handsome According to my Mother
Just like it says in the title, show us your favorite sheaths that haul your Becker(s) around with, and tell us a little about them.

For me, my faves are the ones I make myself. I didn't like most of what I saw out there and wanted something different. After seeing where a guy mentioned using standoffs to somehow keep the two halves separate, I had to give it a shot and see if I could pull it off. Have been incorporating it into most of my sheaths ever since. The most recent one is for my BK-15, and the furthest I have taken the idea. It can be broken down completely for cleaning or adjustment, and is truly reversible in every regard. Plus I love the way it looks.

eaBm2BK.jpg

H9t0Ul9.jpg

G5srMd6.jpg

y7DXaiE.jpg

So, what carries your favorite Becker knives?

My 710 sheath for my 20 is outstanding:

Great thread!
I love to see all the after market sheath options.
Love that standoff design D.
I’ll update this post with some pics of my stuff soon.

I happen to be the guy who bought JD's (710) very first sale-offered sheath for the freshly-minted BK4, Beckerhead Edition Machax several years back, and it's still one of my faves.

0114171348-02.jpg

My most-recent sheath-purchase is also a 710 offering for my Camillus BK9. This is also "one" of my faves. JD is the model.
Nw_710_Sheath-03-sml.jpg

Neither the knife or the sheath are as pretty now as they are in this pic. With all the storm damage we've had this year, both have been workin' out 'til they look pretty raggedy, but as we all know, looks ain't nothin' to a knife designed by a feller named Becker, or a sheath made by The 710.
BK9-n-710_Sheath-03.jpg

A' 'course, the BK21/BK14 710 combo setup is high on my favorites list too...
BK21-_BK14-710_Sheaths-_Collage.jpg

I had to put the Blaze Orange scales on the '14 so they could find me if the giant oak I was murderin' with the '21 came down on top of me....
0114171356b.jpg

While I am a huge fan of JD's and Ethan's work, I do have great knives & sheaths from other top-notch makers. Will probably have more of either/both/all before it's all said and done.

Howdy everyone. Like the new look 'round here.

Blues

Well like everyone else I have a few 710s and they are awesome.

IMG_4330.JPG

Also have an azwelke on my bk12 (which is for sale BTW) and it's very well made.

On my bk10 I have a valhalla kydex sheath I added a leather back to. I got it off eBay it was an good price and he doesn't list it if its not in stock. So no long two week+ wait time. Great quality for the price.

IMG_4329.JPG

I do make a lot of my own leather sheaths, but note, I will never say I'm good at leather.

I've made a few rabbit fur sheaths this is probably my nicest one I made for my blackjack bk5.

IMG_4328.JPG

I've also made a few copies of the original machax sheath made by Mr. Brommeland. I replaced the paracorad warp around with an actual leather strap.

IMG_4327.JPG

What a cool idea for a thread!

I tend to make my own sheaths (when I have the time...). Though most of my experience has been with leather over the years, I've been playing around with kydex some too.

Here is a sheath I am working on for my 9. It isn't quite finished, I need to stitch it up and put the finishing touches on it. But I think it is looking pretty good so far, I'll post more pics when I take the time to get her squared away.

nqJ2Zbu.jpg

This sheath was my first foray into kydex. As with any "first time", you end up learning quite a bit.... All in all though, it protects the blade and what not.

AU94CSK.jpg

This is a kydex piece that I made for a friend and have since re-acquired along with the knife. It is a good solid sheath, I made some mistakes though, all a learning experience...

NtiXNY6.jpg

Thank You all for the kind words.
We do have the BK 29 sheaths available on azwelke.com
bk29 (1).jpg bk29 (2).jpg

Thank You
Al

Last edited:
Back