1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Show off your favorite sheaths for your Beckers!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by DerekH, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    Just like it says in the title, show us your favorite sheaths that haul your Becker(s) around with, and tell us a little about them.

For me, my faves are the ones I make myself. I didn't like most of what I saw out there and wanted something different. After seeing where a guy mentioned using standoffs to somehow keep the two halves separate, I had to give it a shot and see if I could pull it off. Have been incorporating it into most of my sheaths ever since. The most recent one is for my BK-15, and the furthest I have taken the idea. It can be broken down completely for cleaning or adjustment, and is truly reversible in every regard. Plus I love the way it looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, what carries your favorite Becker knives?

danny.k, bacpacker, Xr6x and 4 others like this.
  2. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    That's a brilliant idea, I like it.
    I have two out of four of my Beckers in 710 custom sheaths. The 4 and 7 will eventually get a custom treatment sooner or later.

20160809_212853.jpg

Tanker 1/66, Low_rez, Xr6x and 2 others like this.
  3. Kentwood33

Kentwood33

Mar 13, 2015
    A couple of azwelke sheaths..
    20161001_230238.jpg

bacpacker, knoefz, azwelke and 4 others like this.
  4. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    My 710 sheath for my 20 is outstanding:

[​IMG]

5. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I have homemade kydex sheaths for my 15 and 16, but my favorite is this Sharpshooter. Wet molded to my 16 with a homemade dangler.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nutoknives

nutoknives

Mar 27, 2011
    Black Leather By Makael, Gator done by 710
    Rest of the 20's waiting there turn

[​IMG]

Phixt, Tanker 1/66, knoefz and 5 others like this.
  7. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Great thread!
    I love to see all the after market sheath options.
    Love that standoff design D.
    I’ll update this post with some pics of my stuff soon.

8. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    I like my sheaths as well as Azwelke's and 710's.
    Some really great sheaths in this thread.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. BluesStringer

BluesStringer

May 16, 2006
    I happen to be the guy who bought JD's (710) very first sale-offered sheath for the freshly-minted BK4, Beckerhead Edition Machax several years back, and it's still one of my faves.

[​IMG]

My most-recent sheath-purchase is also a 710 offering for my Camillus BK9. This is also "one" of my faves. JD is the model.
    [​IMG]

Neither the knife or the sheath are as pretty now as they are in this pic. With all the storm damage we've had this year, both have been workin' out 'til they look pretty raggedy, but as we all know, looks ain't nothin' to a knife designed by a feller named Becker, or a sheath made by The 710.
    [​IMG]

A' 'course, the BK21/BK14 710 combo setup is high on my favorites list too...
    [​IMG]

I had to put the Blaze Orange scales on the '14 so they could find me if the giant oak I was murderin' with the '21 came down on top of me....
    [​IMG]

While I am a huge fan of JD's and Ethan's work, I do have great knives & sheaths from other top-notch makers. Will probably have more of either/both/all before it's all said and done.

Howdy everyone. Like the new look 'round here.

Blues

10. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Azwelke and 710 work for me :D
    IMG_1094.JPG IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0830.JPG

knoefz, azwelke and viking313 like this.
  11. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I like these too :thumbsup:
    IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0877.JPG

12. GingivitisKahn

GingivitisKahn

Jun 8, 2010
    A buddy of mine is a pretty good kydex bender. He mostly makes holsters (of which I own several) but he also puts together a pretty mean sheath...

[​IMG]

Phixt, viking313, Kentwood33 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mike McCarter

Mike McCarter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Great thread! I generally prefer leather but really like seeing these kydex and hybrid rigs.

Here is my favorite but I'm still fine tuning it. Some of you saw it at the Gathering.
    [​IMG]

14. knifejunkie1928

knifejunkie1928

Feb 15, 2015
    Well like everyone else I have a few 710s and they are awesome.

IMG_4330.JPG

Also have an azwelke on my bk12 (which is for sale BTW) and it's very well made.

On my bk10 I have a valhalla kydex sheath I added a leather back to. I got it off eBay it was an good price and he doesn't list it if its not in stock. So no long two week+ wait time. Great quality for the price.

IMG_4329.JPG

I do make a lot of my own leather sheaths, but note, I will never say I'm good at leather.

I've made a few rabbit fur sheaths this is probably my nicest one I made for my blackjack bk5.

IMG_4328.JPG

I've also made a few copies of the original machax sheath made by Mr. Brommeland. I replaced the paracorad warp around with an actual leather strap.

IMG_4327.JPG

Xr6x, azwelke, viking313 and 3 others like this.
  15. Bobber

Bobber Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Gotta be my home-made open back drop-leg leather sheath for my Bk4 IMG_20150204_214300.jpg IMG_20150204_214310.jpg IMG_20150204_214346.jpg IMG_20150204_214324.jpg

Xr6x, viking313, DerekH and 1 other person like this.
  16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    What a cool idea for a thread!

I tend to make my own sheaths (when I have the time...). Though most of my experience has been with leather over the years, I've been playing around with kydex some too.

Here is a sheath I am working on for my 9. It isn't quite finished, I need to stitch it up and put the finishing touches on it. But I think it is looking pretty good so far, I'll post more pics when I take the time to get her squared away.

[​IMG]

This sheath was my first foray into kydex. As with any "first time", you end up learning quite a bit.... All in all though, it protects the blade and what not.

[​IMG]

This is a kydex piece that I made for a friend and have since re-acquired along with the knife. It is a good solid sheath, I made some mistakes though, all a learning experience...

[​IMG]

bacpacker, Xr6x, viking313 and 2 others like this.
  17. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Boom what has two thumbs and just won this contest?
    00001necker.jpg

Xr6x, viking313 and NikkiR like this.
  18. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    Is anyone making sheaths for the 29?

19. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    I think Julio is

20. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider