Photos Show Off Your Favorite Traditional Fixed Blades!!

So, to all you FB fans, please give me an opinion; is a neck knife like this considered a "traditional"?? Since I'm mostly a Folder guy, my experience with these is minimal at best!!View attachment 1641197
If not, I will delete it!! Your opinions are gratefully received!!
What say you???
I'd say that's traditional! love that blade shape... like a wharncliffe had a baby with a spear point.

These are two recent acquisitions- a Mora Classic #2 and a Järvenpää Utility Knife, and I must say… I’m really loving the heritage aspect. Simple steel, straightforward design, combined cost less than $100, and best of all; they work. Used them to make a spoon just to test them out. One of these lucky buggers is going camping with me in two weeks.

HFYcDX2.jpg

So, to all you FB fans, please give me an opinion; is a neck knife like this considered a "traditional"?? Since I'm mostly a Folder guy, my experience with these is minimal at best!!View attachment 1641197
If not, I will delete it!! Your opinions are gratefully received!!
What say you???
Definitely traditional! Reminds me of a modernish version of some of the forged neck knives/patch knives popular in the 19th century.

Didn't the Inuit use neck knives? I have a number of knives, which were sold as neck knives, but I pocket or belt carry them. I might neck carry this Condor Otzi one day ;) :thumbsup:

LTUnKOi.jpg
That is a knife after my archaeological heart for sure! Great one Jack :)

Back