Show off your GEC Acrylics

The other day my children informed me that I am no longer cool but, I think this picture is solid evidence to the contrary. View attachment 1100477
You're cool in my world :) Nice tortoise shells which pattern is that top one? Looke like it has some of the red veins like from the earlier days.

2008 Dead Skunk Cuban

Pzdqynl.jpg

You're cool in my world :) Nice tortoise shells which pattern is that top one? Looke like it has some of the red veins like from the earlier days.

That is an 89 3 blade split-back whittler. I think it is from a run back in 2010. And yes I like the red veins from the older tortoiseshell as well, however, old or new GEC sure makes it look good.

That's a real beauty, Darren!

I wish they could get back to that type of Tortoise Shell Acrylic instead of this...
H5l7ld9.jpg

flat-no-depth-plastic-looking stuff.
Thanks :) 2009 seemed to be a really good year for tortoise shell. I have a #61 from that year but there was also another #25 produced with a clip blade...only two of them made though. There were a few variations of the 54 in tortoise shell produced that year too but only a few made of each. I am really luck to have both of my 2009's :thumbsup:
Having said all that, I still look forward to whatever is being offered even in the newer acrylic...maybe an SFO #86 or #29 perhaps?

Back