Show off your GEC Acrylics

View attachment 1134194
Tomato recently plucked from the exchange. Love these older acrylics, they seem to have more complexity and depth.
Nice find! I saw that one on the exchange too. The pile side is nice too on your new knife.

Here is my only knife with Tomato Acrylic.
FjpTbvc.jpg

wRZDPIk.jpg

I missed out on the last run of the "Mardi Gras" acrylic. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with that acrylic handle. Do yall know when another Mardi Gras run might come out? Or does GEC just randomly pick that every once in a great while?

I missed out on the last run of the "Mardi Gras" acrylic. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with that acrylic handle. Do yall know when another Mardi Gras run might come out? Or does GEC just randomly pick that every once in a great while?
That is a very rare one in terms of frequency. There have only been 4 patterns with that material. The 811313, 631115, 562118 and 562218.

Great stuff everybody, those rare glimpses of short runs set the pulse racing!

Some years ago there was a run of 66 pattern called the Mink Skinner, I had the opportunity to buy one but opted out-the blade arrangement didn't do much for me. I still regret it as the knife was in a beautiful acrylic something like Church Glass, green red anyway.

Another interesting acrylic was to be found on the rather shunned 16 pattern-I don't like Canoes much myself- but again it had a remarkable faux Lapis Lazuli. as far as I recall, or was I dreaming again, day or otherwise?;):D

I was very fortunate to snag one of the Mardi Gras #81s before the price skyrocketed on that pattern.

1BsZQvD.jpg
Wow a rare one there! And you're not kidding there is coincidentally one up for sale right now at a ridiculous price :)

Wow thats unbelievable. I'm liking that tortoise shell acrylic, but only on some patterns. This is definitely one of them.

I saved that image btw waverave waverave

HEY GEC!
Thank you he did a wonderful job with the rehandle and polishing...the image really came out nice in the evening light and highlights the beauty of this one.
I am a happy camper :thumbsup:

Back