Show off your GEC Acrylics

Neptune is also my favorite acrylic. By a long shot.
u4oPNv0.jpg

I didn’t know this one existed, very cool.

Really like the tight striations in that one. Did you get to pick it out or was it luck of the draw?
That was just luck.
From what I have seen I doubt I would ever trade it for a different grits and molasses 29.

I wish GEC would do more experimental type acrylic knives.
Even a run of glitter gold would be fun.

Just received this the other day, had been tempted to buy one of them as they're still around at a couple dealers. This one popped up secondhand but unused so I snagged it. I don't know why they aren't selling, it's my new favorite 2 blade, and the 3D nature of the acrylic is gorgeous.
TlYOOPU.jpg

It didn’t occur to me till your post to ask but are they using the liners to throw the yellow through the acrylic like on a grits w/butter and molasses?
Absolutely yes...it is what adds the butter to the grits with butter and it gives a pop underneath tortoise shell, for example.

Ahhhhhhhhh........here's something

8526252146_139dea9e6a_b.jpg

A little Copper Melt "Ole"...............and yes the engraving was done by Great Eastern
Wow! I was going back through my favorite thread and I don't think I ever caught this one before...what's the story with GEC engraving? How cool is that lockback! :)

Back