Show off your grinders

This isn't which grinder is best or anything this is simply a place to show off your grinder. Store bought, custom made it doesn't matter. Lets see some pics!

Daniel.

I should be getting mine from Bret at Esteem Grinders the first week of April. Can’t wait! Will definitely show it off once I get it.

Built the following grinder right around a couple of years ago, and been loving it ever since. I've since modified the tracking mechanism to run on a second axis (similar ideato Reeder Products Inc's), and I've made a few more attachments for it here and there. Lots of built in versatility and nearly everything can be adjusted, tilted, tightened or loosened without tools. I still want to make a better stand for it, though I may eventually go with something like a semi-mobile base with attachment storage and whatnot.
Untitled by AR Custom Knives (Andrew Riley), on Flickr

Took way too long for me to finally get it going but I absolutely love my KMG

LAiIpUW.jpg

You didn’t mention the gorgeous don dentz work rest. Excellent setup
I totally forgot! Yeah he does amazing work as well. Had a work rest for my Grizzly and always told myself the day I ordered a real 2x72 I'd order one of his extreme tilts. Awesome piece of hardware!

I will play.
I don’t have many pictures right now but this is my main work horse. I built it a LONG time ago. It’s all stainless steel. Even the motors, bearings, drive and tracking wheel.
Photo%20Aug%2017%2C%202%2040%2052%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2017%2C%202%2041%2008%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2015%2C%208%2007%2018%20PM.jpg

When I built this in like 2008 I used a gas spring as my tensioning system. I don’t know if I was the first to do it but I had not seen anyone else doing it at that time. But during transport one day the upper devoting came loose and fell off and bent the gas spring. I have just used a normal spring sence then but do plan on going back to a gas spring.

JT. Ive probably watched your youtube vids a dozen times each. After a decade it's probably still one of the finest grinders in the world. It has held up excellently. What grade stainless did you use on the wheels?

I will play.
I don’t have many pictures right now but this is my main work horse. I built it a LONG time ago. It’s all stainless steel. Even the motors, bearings, drive and tracking wheel.
Photo%20Aug%2017%2C%202%2040%2052%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2017%2C%202%2041%2008%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2015%2C%208%2007%2018%20PM.jpg

When I built this in like 2008 I used a gas spring as my tensioning system. I don’t know if I was the first to do it but I had not seen anyone else doing it at that time. But during transport one day the upper devoting came loose and fell off and bent the gas spring. I have just used a normal spring sence then but do plan on going back to a gas spring.
Way too much room on that work bench ! Lol jk nice grinder man!

Built the following grinder right around a couple of years ago, and been loving it ever since. I've since modified the tracking mechanism to run on a second axis (similar ideato Reeder Products Inc's), and I've made a few more attachments for it here and there. Lots of built in versatility and nearly everything can be adjusted, tilted, tightened or loosened without tools. I still want to make a better stand for it, though I may eventually go with something like a semi-mobile base with attachment storage and whatnot.
Dude, love how you combined the best of tw90 and wilmont's tag!

I’d post my grinder, but it’s way to high end and fancy for you guys to see:cool: It’s just a cheap entry level grizzly! One day I’ll have a new grinder, I spent my money on an evenheat instead!!!

I’d post my grinder, but it’s way to high end and fancy for you guys to see:cool: It’s just a cheap entry level grizzly! One day I’ll have a new grinder, I spent my money on an evenheat instead!!!

Yeah man! Post it up! Threads for everyone not just folks with high end grinders! Got to start somewhere!

Those really are great grinders; one of those took me past 100 knives and then some! I sold mine a couple months ago when I upgraded and I actually miss not seeing it lol
They’re good, but there’s not much leeway, and the tracking sucks for plunge lines. But my knives work. Just not as pretty as what’s possible with other grinders. But it’s what I could afford at the time.

Dude, love how you combined the best of tw90 and wilmont's tag!

Thanks. I took inspiration from several grinders, including Mick Strider's, and Brian Fellhoelter's, but certainly Chris Williams' and Travis Wuertz's as well.

Back