Show Off Your Knife Collection!

yeh I have a big space where my collection once WAS! talk about bare space' this because of a burglary of my home last year, guys please keep your collections under lock/key and not on display for bad guys to see, just thought id say for the new people hear on the forum;)

yeh I have a big space where my collection once WAS! talk about bare space' this because of a burglary of my home last year

I’m sorry to hear about that.
I limit myself to three knives out at any one time. Everything else stays locked up.

My fixed blades.

WJaWdAq.jpg

20190923_140031.jpg Here is this weeks rotation. The two on the bottom are my beaters for the week. In reality the mini grip in D2 is pretty much my go to for beaters. I just can't seem to find anything that kicks it from the pocket long term. The ZT0561 has been my best freind now for well.over 4 years. I haven't gone a month without carrying it at least 3-7 times. Love that knife. I have a little over 250 knives that get carrying if you consider carrying something once a year carrying. But I normally put it in the deep collection after a year. With 30-50 knives purchased each year the collection has gotten way out of have but I have them all. All 1000+ knives. It would take a few days to post them all at one time so I'll drop in from time to.time and post up the weeks rotation.

Last edited:
View attachment 1201342 Here is this weeks rotation. The two on the bottom are my beaters for the week. In reality the mini grip in D2 is pretty much my go to for beaters. I just can't seem to find anything that kicks it from the pocket long term. The ZT0561 has been my best freind now for well.over 4 years. I haven't gone a month without carrying it at least 3-7 times. Love that knife. I have a little over 250 knives that get carrying if you consider carrying something once a year carrying. But I normally put it in the deep collection after a year. With 30-50 knives purchased each year the collection has gotten way out of have but I have them all. All 1000+ knives. It would take a few days to post them all at one time so I'll drop in from time to.time and post up the weeks rotation.

Wow 1000+ knives! How many years have you been collecting? I was having doubts of posting my entire collection of 150-175 but 1000 now thats some blades! I feel better now that i am by no means getting carried away lol! Just messin with ya haha Thats a nice rotation and look forward to seeing the next batch. Ill have to post mine when i get a chance to pull them out for pics. Ill start with my current and ever changing rotation drawer for quick access of 20 ish or so which also has my few fixed blades in there.

Wow 1000+ knives! How many years have you been collecting? I was having doubts of posting my entire collection of 150-175 but 1000 now thats some blades! I feel better now that i am by no means getting carried away lol! Just messin with ya haha Thats a nice rotation and look forward to seeing the next batch. Ill have to post mine when i get a chance to pull them out for pics. Ill start with my current and ever changing rotation drawer for quick access of 20 ish or so which also has my few fixed blades in there.

Been doing this for well over 25 years. The problem is my father was army and when I was a kid we didn't get to ha e much. When I started taking Care of myself. I started hording a few things. Just couldn't let go. Now it's two things and knives are the number one thing. It doesn't take long when you buy a knife a week for a few years and never part with any. I have well over 700 in deep storage and haven't seen them in years. One of the boxes hasn't been open in over 14. I packed it up in Florida and we moved to California. I never opened that box. I would encourage you to find a limit. Say (X) is fun fundamentally your limit and try to stick to it. I have very re recently decided to part with some if not most of my lesser expenses knives. I put up a few on PIF and have some I am going to donate to the boy scouts after talking a bit with rouchbell44. It's really something I shouldn't be proud of. It's kinda a sickness. I'm gonna try my best to get down to 250-300. And this year I made a great stride in not increasing the collection. I have however customized or modded quite a few. When I get home I'll post up the 150 or so that I carry now ( usually one in the left and one in the right) and tdd hese a whole collection i can't post as they are at my "winter home" in Mexico if you get what I'm saying. I recently took a liking the CRK as there are a couple fellas here Dcdavis being one if them.( Cheers brother I know you'll read this.) Has rekindled my love for them and in about 4 days time from joining this forum I bought 2 CRK's. I am going to put a few on the forums for sale. It was one of the reasons I joined. To let some of my horded knives go to other and to maybe not start a cycle with my youngest. She has recently picked up a bug and I want to nip it a bit before she ends up like her dad. For the record I travel around quite a bit and when I go on planes I don't try ake anything with me. I buy a few expensive knives and at the end I drop them in tdd he suitcase and if the make it home fine. If they don't fine as well. When the would trade center fell . Traveling with a knive or anything of value in your suitcase turned into roulette. I don't really gamble. That's money I could but a knife with. So yes a 1000 knives give or take 500 I haven't seen in over 10-15 years (deep storage), 100ish California doesn't let me enjoy, 100ish at the location I am currently under contract at and about 200-300 in the safe I call my carries. Out of that 300 there's about 50ish. That I don't carry.

Been doing this for well over 25 years. The problem is my father was army and when I was a kid we didn't get to ha e much. When I started taking Care of myself. I started hording a few things. Just couldn't let go. Now it's two things and knives are the number one thing. It doesn't take long when you buy a knife a week for a few years and never part with any. I have well over 700 in deep storage and haven't seen them in years. One of the boxes hasn't been open in over 14. I packed it up in Florida and we moved to California. I never opened that box. I would encourage you to find a limit. Say (X) is fun fundamentally your limit and try to stick to it. I have very re recently decided to part with some if not most of my lesser expenses knives. I put up a few on PIF and have some I am going to donate to the boy scouts after talking a bit with rouchbell44. It's really something I shouldn't be proud of. It's kinda a sickness. I'm gonna try my best to get down to 250-300. And this year I made a great stride in not increasing the collection. I have however customized or modded quite a few. When I get home I'll post up the 150 or so that I carry now ( usually one in the left and one in the right) and tdd hese a whole collection i can't post as they are at my "winter home" in Mexico if you get what I'm saying. I recently took a liking the CRK as there are a couple fellas here Dcdavis being one if them.( Cheers brother I know you'll read this.) Has rekindled my love for them and in about 4 days time from joining this forum I bought 2 CRK's. I am going to put a few on the forums for sale. It was one of the reasons I joined. To let some of my horded knives go to other and to maybe not start a cycle with my youngest. She has recently picked up a bug and I want to nip it a bit before she ends up like her dad. For the record I travel around quite a bit and when I go on planes I don't try ake anything with me. I buy a few expensive knives and at the end I drop them in tdd he suitcase and if the make it home fine. If they don't fine as well. When the would trade center fell . Traveling with a knive or anything of value in your suitcase turned into roulette. I don't really gamble. That's money I could but a knife with. So yes a 1000 knives give or take 500 I haven't seen in over 10-15 years (deep storage), 100ish California doesn't let me enjoy, 100ish at the location I am currently under contract at and about 200-300 in the safe I call my carries. Out of that 300 there's about 50ish. That I don't carry.

I figured that collection took time to acquire, pretty much a lifetime. You must have a huge variety of knives and thats awesome what your doing for the boy scouts!
I generally carry one in each front pocket as well and agree customizing/modding is a way to enjoy the hobby with whats already in possesion. I also got a little 1x30 belt grinder recently w a slew of belts along with some knife kit projects to make handles for in an effort to cut down on new knife purchases some while
Still Enjoying the hobby. I put limits in place to keep my collection from getting to far out of hand (which is subjective) and that is limited to what fits in my 5 large Spyderpacs and the rotation knives in my top drawer and while That is still way more than i can use in a lifetime this is my main hobby and while
Addicting there are worse things out there also. luckily knives take up very little space as opposed to the car hobby i was more heavily into before and while not cheap it is less expensive than the prior. I have sold many but tend to buy more than i sell lol but im slimming down and selling off some cheaper models and ones i just didnt end up liking. No doubt i will never stop buying as theres always cool new stuff coming out and older stuff i pine over.l but my other limitation ive set recently is if i buy another knife i must sell some to fund it although that hasnt been working out lately but i do have a pile ready to list. DCDavis is an awesome Member and has helped me out with some CRK knowledge as I recently acquired my first, a small 21 inlay which i love! He also helped me out with adding another ZT to the collection! Should be here Monday!

I figured that collection took time to acquire, pretty much a lifetime. You must have a huge variety of knives and thats awesome what your doing for the boy scouts!
I generally carry one in each front pocket as well and agree customizing/modding is a way to enjoy the hobby with whats already in possesion. I also got a little 1x30 belt grinder recently w a slew of belts along with some knife kit projects to make handles for in an effort to cut down on new knife purchases some while
Still Enjoying the hobby. I put limits in place to keep my collection from getting to far out of hand (which is subjective) and that is limited to what fits in my 5 large Spyderpacs and the rotation knives in my top drawer and while That is still way more than i can use in a lifetime this is my main hobby and while
Addicting there are worse things out there also. luckily knives take up very little space as opposed to the car hobby i was more heavily into before and while not cheap it is less expensive than the prior. I have sold many but tend to buy more than i sell lol but im slimming down and selling off some cheaper models and ones i just didnt end up liking. No doubt i will never stop buying as theres always cool new stuff coming out and older stuff i pine over.l but my other limitation ive set recently is if i buy another knife i must sell some to fund it although that hasnt been working out lately but i do have a pile ready to list. DCDavis is an awesome Member and has helped me out with some CRK knowledge as I recently acquired my first, a small 21 inlay which i love! He also helped me out with adding another ZT to the collection! Should be here Monday!

I appreciate the kind words from you both. Edgeoflife Edgeoflife and South paw draw South paw draw are a couple of great guys themselves. They took a couple of my knives I never use and helped fund my first large 21 Damascus purchase, which should also be here Monday. Glad to see my other two go to some good guys who will use them and are just as crazy about knives as myself. South paw draw another fellow lefty you should check out is @Ajack60 he’s a great member in his own right. I lurked around here for a long time before joining admiring his lefty CRKs. He’s answered several of my questions and always helps however he can. I buy a lot more than I sell as well but here lately I’m letting more go

Back