Show Off Your Leather!

Here's one I just finished, beeswaxed veg tanned leather
Utility1-210x600.jpg

First holster, first time using Wicket and Craig and braided thread. Everything was going good 'till about an inch from the end of my edging.
Thanks for looking comments welcome.

Attachments

• PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 014.jpg
    PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 014.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 42
  • PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 017.jpg
    PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 017.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 45
  • PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 005.jpg
    PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 005.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 46
  • PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 004.jpg
    PT 140 Holster, Roll pin saders 004.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 50
This is my first attempt at a sheath I'm kind of embarrassed to post this with all the amazing work on this thread but here goes. I like the way the front looks but my holes didn't line up with my groove on the back but I guess ill get better with practice. Thanks for looking IMAG0318.jpgIMAG0317.jpg

reiko,
I think the sheath looks great.
I don't know how to tell you but it took me a long time to get the holes on the back to come out right , And I still need some inprovment but I can get buy with what I have done.

I did this one yesterday for a Loveless style hunter that's almost done. Much happier with Wicket & Craig the nylon thread is the look I'm after.
I used a drill press for the stich holes then a diamond shaped awl through those holes, still the back side holes are not lined up. I stich groove the front befor drilling and the back after.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Sheath small Loveless hunter 001.jpg
    Sheath small Loveless hunter 001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Sheath small Loveless hunter 002.jpg
    Sheath small Loveless hunter 002.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Sheath small Loveless hunter 003.jpg
    Sheath small Loveless hunter 003.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Sheath small Loveless hunter 004.jpg
    Sheath small Loveless hunter 004.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 42
Here is an axe sheath I finished today. Nowhere near the quality I see on here but an enjoyable hobby for me. Learning alot on here and a little more with each one I make. I mostly make sheaths for my edge tools, mainly chisel gaurds and such.

Attachments

• axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
  • axe2.jpg
    axe2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 30
  • axe3.jpg
    axe3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 27
Very nice Outlaw!

Keep the pics coming!

Here are 2 of my most recent:

Simple butterfly pouch for a big curved skinner, 8/9oz with a beeswax/paraffin/neatsfoot finish.
buffaloout.jpg

buffalofront.jpg

buffaloback.jpg

And a boot sheath for a skeleton knife. 8/9oz 2 tone dyed veg tan. Both of these have a "hammered" look that I did using the ball end of my ball pien hammer. This was my first 2 tone dye job.
IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

This is my first attempt at a sheath I'm kind of embarrassed to post this with all the amazing work on this thread but here goes. I like the way the front looks but my holes didn't line up with my groove on the back but I guess ill get better with practice. Thanks for looking View attachment 251887View attachment 251888

reiko, no need to be embarrassed...that is a fine looking sheath. Plain, simple and useful.
Depending on how you make your holes for the stiching, for instance if you use a dremel with a drill bit or a punch or awl or whatever. Just make sure you are holding the tool at the proper angle to get the holes to line up in the grooves on each side. I struggled with this and still do from time to time. Some times I dont even put a groove on the back until I have the holes drilled. then I groove over the holes. Just check after every couple of holes to make sure you are lining up and continue. looks like some nice tight stiching there...Well Done!

here is are a few more I posted in the Custom blade section in the Frontier knives post.

DP_ELK.jpgDSC_0216.jpgDSC_0322.jpg

Back