Photos Show the ALOX you have today. 🇨🇭

Old style electrician, Stout, sharp, secondary... great for opening packages.
uLIynK8.jpg

Yes it's a great knife. Nice to hold and use. It has a very positive snap when closing, and I find that satisfying. I guess its blade geometry, but I find it takes a finer edge then 91mm. It's spent many a day in my pocket and doesn't show any sign of wear.
Post a pic of your 1 next time you have it.
Dan.

A few shots of the Swiss Army 1. Going in my pocket for Saturday (again).
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Very interesting thanks I have read some had offset blades fitted like yours. It's the first I have seen, not that I have seen many.
<snip>

Maybe they just used whatever existing blades they had at the assembly time? Not sure if all have the offsets, or just some. Haven't seen many 1's or Solos other than here.

Still works and cuts like the other SAKs, and doesn't contact the liner, but my OCD would have liked something a bit more centered.

Maybe they just used whatever existing blades they had at the assembly time? Not sure if all have the offsets, or just some. Haven't seen many 1's or Solos other than here.

Still works and cuts like the other SAKs, and doesn't contact the liner, but my OCD would have liked something a bit more centered.
I agree.
In years to come collectors will be searching for both versions :)

This is from sakwiki.com

Both original red Swiss Cross scales, and later manufactured knives have been found with both blade profiles. Which blade is used seems to be fairly random!

Back