Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

In celebration of Mr. CC's recent birthday, lets post pix of his SFOs...I can't find such a thread, if one exists I'm sure the moderators will tuck this post into that thread. I'm not at home (doing fieldwork in Mr. CC's home territory) and thus I am nowhere near my collection of GEC 15s, most of which are Charlie's SFOs. As such, I'm posting this recent photograph I have posted elsewhere of my collection of his SFOs....share the love!!
upload_2019-9-16_18-21-15-jpeg.1197729

With every release - there is a Thread about the model- so collectively they are all out there, such as the Barlow Thread, HJ Threads, 48 Threads..... whew- it goes - so to accumulate them all and ever single on is a lot of repeating... most certainly not knocking your idea of collecting them all in together- but man that"s a lot of space.
Markeogist - Nice Knives! and what a great old Background Board- I love that!

I really like that picture Mark, and yours too, Mike!! ( Sorry I got your name wrong!!)
But Duncan is right!! I am, maybe, represented too much on this Forum, and kinda embarrassed to respond a lot to references to me!!
I do appreciate what you want to do, but can we please just let it happen in the usual contexts!!
I am just a grizzled old collector like a lot of you!!:) I've just spoken to the knife industry with a lot of your voices and gotten good responses!! Lucky me and lucky us!!

Last edited:
I hope what I said was not taken in any way negative - by you Charlie my friend or by Mareologist - Charlie Sir you are FAR from a Grizzled Old Collector lol,

I actually dont think you are over represented in any way - I think Mareoligist is in the right mind of thinking because quite simply every release that you have worked on - has turned out astonishingly fantastic, what and where....any where else can one be so successful? the amount of work into just one pattern would I am sure stagger the ordinary person, so just how many you have actually recreated!!! :eek: - and quite literally given these amazing old Traditional Patterns that were once great but were forgotten - have now found new Life and a complete resurrection into being placed back into the mind and the pockets of the Knife users of today.

Where there were massive gaps of decades gone by where these patterns were literally History, They actually are being produced and used once again- That to me is massive! Since you took on the Challenge because of your Knowledge and love for the Knife - these Knives are actually exist again.

Markeologist - the only reason I said anything was because I could imagine pages and pages of stunning knives coming in from all different releases- not being in order- and Wow! Huge! Out there are Threads for the 66's , HJ's ( In so many shapes and forms ), 48's, 77's, Lambsfoots, Barlows ( in SO many different shapes and forms ), I would be curious to actually see Just how many SFO's you have Fathered Charlie.

To show support Markeoligist here some of Charlies most Beautiful ( in my opinion Sir ) Knives - these Washington Jacks are just simply mouth watering masterpieces...

pVlK7dh.jpg

I really like that picture Mark, and yours too, Dirk!!
But Duncan is right!! I am, maybe, represented too much on this Forum, and kinda embarrassed to respond a lot to references to me!!
I do appreciate what you want to do, but can we please just let it happen in the usual contexts!!
I am just a grizzled old collector like a lot of you!!:) I've just spoken to the knife industry with a lot of your voices and gotten good responses!! Lucky me and lucky us!!
And i for one am glad to be a grizzled old knife collector,like the rest of us.o_O:rolleyes::p:);););):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope what I said was not taken in any way negative - by you Charlie my friend or by Mareologist - Charlie Sir you are FAR from a Grizzled Old Collector lol,

I actually dont think you are over represented in any way - I think Mareoligist is in the right mind of thinking because quite simply every release that you have worked on - has turned out astonishingly fantastic, what and where....any where else can one be so successful? the amount of work into just one pattern would I am sure stagger the ordinary person, so just how many you have actually recreated!!! :eek: - and quite literally given these amazing old Traditional Patterns that were once great but were forgotten - have now found new Life and a complete resurrection into being placed back into the mind and the pockets of the Knife users of today.

Where there were massive gaps of decades gone by where these patterns were literally History, They actually are being produced and used once again- That to me is massive! Since you took on the Challenge because of your Knowledge and love for the Knife - these Knives are actually exist again.

Markeologist - the only reason I said anything was because I could imagine pages and pages of stunning knives coming in from all different releases- not being in order- and Wow! Huge! Out there are Threads for the 66's , HJ's ( In so many shapes and forms ), 48's, 77's, Lambsfoots, Barlows ( in SO many different shapes and forms ), I would be curious to actually see Just how many SFO's you have Fathered Charlie.

To show support Markeoligist here some of Charlies most Beautiful ( in my opinion Sir ) Knives - these Washington Jacks are just simply mouth watering masterpieces...

pVlK7dh.jpg

All be good...posting of Charlie's SFOs came up in the Happy Birthday thread and I thought it was a grand idea...still do. Mr. CC's SFOs are so special because of his deep love and understanding of traditional pocket knives...he sweats the details which is what makes them special. Here is a model that may not be as popular at others but his Rope Knives are a great example of his attention to details...I'm still in the Great Pacific Northwest so I'm having to rely on photos I have posted elsewhere.

upload_2019-8-11_10-7-32-jpeg.1177138

This one is a "one-of". Bill Howard ran short of punch blades and asked CC if he could use a caplifter on this particular knife. I bought it from Charlie at the OKCA knife show in 2012 IIRC. I love this knife!

hDhS1iy.jpg
That's a fine knife , I believe that shield suits that frame nicer than any other if seen . Particularly with the outstanding jigging .

Well, you guys all sure know how to find the good ones, and how to take great pictures!!:)
I guess I will have to enjoy the show, and contribute if I can!!
Maybe I can add some little known facts!! Bill likes nothing better than teasing me (good heartedly) because of my serious approach to traditional knives. Putting acrylic or man-made handles on a barlow is something I said I'd never do, but I "loaned" the TC for the micarta barlow one year so Bill could "Git 'er done"!!
Bill has put cap lifters in barlows, with or without telling me!! Evidence the "Dead Skunks, with a skunk spraying Tom on the label!! Ha ha ha Bill, very funny!!:( Good thing I don't take these things personally, and even laugh when Bill's not looking!!:D
Someone told me the term Ram's Foot over Lambs Foot, rhyming and all, was a decision of great hilarity, which worked out well for everyone!!:D I even bought a couple of Ram's!!
We all have to keep a sense of humor in this life!!:)
Well, bring on your best examples please!! I'm watching, as are many!!:D

Back