Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

Always, would never dream of breaking up the set! ;) Whats funny is, it brings back the memory of the time at likely my first rendezvous where you took out an even rarer 48, slim muskrat blade tho
Do you remember the brand??o_O

Thanks, for posting those Dave!!:thumbsup: I see the odd knife is marked "S" (store grade)! Amazing how differently we value these knives!! Are there any obvious flaws, or is it just because they are different! I'll ask the "source"!!;)

I believe in this case the S stands for satin which is added to the lid. There is also an S cold stamped over the identifying numbers stamp. But it is so light that it doesn't show in a photo.
It seems odd to me that they would put the same color but different jigging on these. Makes for a confusing lid ! Perhaps that was all they had at the time

Dave

PS, There are no flaws I can detect!

Last edited:
Got this one in my pocket today :) :thumbsup:

1Ar1un0.jpg

Two stunning Charlie SFO 48's, One very rare one.............
xatvD0Q.jpg

Take a wee bit of time and compare these Knives- then try and step back into the mind of the creator as he defines these differences, The different Swage workings, Different Blade shape, Nail Nicks, Jig work - yet the same - a 48 Frame.

7aHRmSk.jpg

NWkl2de.jpg

Bone that makes ones mouth water.......
kUBC2Qz.jpg
Those two knives, and particularly the two bladed 48, were the first two knives I had ever seen by Great Eastern Cutlery. I've always loved larger jackknives, and that two bladed 48 reminded me of the old Schrade- Walden 294. I naively emailed Mr. Campagna, who politely told me they were a special run, and had been sold out for some time. I managed to acquire several Tidioutes (77, 78 and a 56), before the current insanity hit. But those 48s are exquisite.

Ebony Harness Jack
Thanks for posting that HJ, Conrad!! A sleeping beauty! I hardly ever see that pattern on here!!
P.S. There's a way of posting a full sized pic, but I don't know exactly why yours are "rough drafts"??🤔

Thanks for posting that HJ, Conrad!! A sleeping beauty! I hardly ever see that pattern on here!!
P.S. There's a way of posting a full sized pic, but I don't know exactly why yours are "rough drafts"??🤔
Thanks Charlie, beautiful piece indeed, It Rarely lets me post a full size pic on here, it usually says that the picture is too large, I need to talk to my kids about this 😁

conrad gutierrez conrad gutierrez Nice HJ Conrad, if you can’t edit to down size your picture to meet BF requirements I know if you email the pic to yourself it will ask what size before you send it, select a size close to 500kb and if you’re sending multiple pictures it shows the total size. It works for Gmail, usually large will work and I’m sure it does for other emails and then you can post the pictures.

Back