Show Us Your Discontinued Benchmades

Most excellent pics, as usual, Picman!! Wow!!!
Here's another from my collection......absolute BEAST!!
Joe

That's a nice shot of an interesting knife, Joe. I never really gave the Ti Monolock much a a look. I'm not much into tantos, but looking at your pic and a couple I just checked out on the web, the grind seems closer to the Hinderer spanto than a true tanto, with a shallower, less severe change in angle and that little bit o' belly in the forward edge. The hole pattern is very sweet too!

How's the detent and lock-bar tension on that one? I've heard they're a little on the light side.

Boy, does autocorrect have some fun with tanto (tango, canto) and spanto (spent, speedo).

I, for one, will be very happy to NEVER see you post the word speedo Steve!!!!! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Detent is on the light side, maybe why it's tip down only, but the action is amazing! Locks up ridiculous TIGHT also!!
If you ever want to check it out, let me know brother. I'll ship it out to you and you can hold onto it for a month if you'd like.
Not for sale, so no pressure at all!! Come to think of it, none of mine are for sale!! Especially all the Benchmades!!
Joe

Found another discoed BM! This little guy was hiding!
Joe
e8b19dad0fcc7ec16fb548ca8b818732.jpg

Not for sale, so no pressure at all!! Come to think of it, none of mine are for sale!! Especially all the Benchmades!!
Joe

I don't think you'll ever sell one, Joe! When you finally shuffle off this mortal coil, there'll be no need for burial--you'll already be deep beneath a mountain of knives! ;)

Oh, nice Alias, BTW! :thumbup:

Here's a before and after of one of my disco'd BMKs--the 707 Sequel that was in the OP. Last summer I bought a user 705 off the Benchmade forum--not this one, but the one at benchmade.com. For not much more money the seller offered me a pair of DOAT CF scales that would fit either the 705 or a 707. I've kept all my 705s stock so far, but as we were having a made-for-Cape-Cod-only snowstorm today and I was just hangin' around playing with knives I decided to change out my Sequel. It took a bit of futzing around as I think the scales were a bit more tailored to a 705, but I got the knife re-shod and like it much better with the CF instead of the original aluminum with G10 inserts.

Edit: Shot some better daylight after pics this morning.

QlMM3yB.jpg

ACYbJQs.jpg

VlswOKj.jpg

53fS3W9.jpg

Edit II, for Joe P: The BM hatahs ain't here, Joe, so they won't see this, but this unused Sequel cut me TWICE changing out the scales and again today replacing a light fixture. Thing was like a lazah, right out of the box! :eek:

Last edited:
Here's a before and after of one of my disco'd BMKs--the 707 Sequel that was in the OP. Last summer I bought a user 705 off the Benchmade forum--not this one, but the one at benchmade.com. For not much more money the seller offered me a pair of DOAT CF scales that would fit either the 705 or a 707. I've kept all my 705s stock so far, but as we were having a made-for-Cape-Cod-only snowstorm today and I was just hangin' around playing with knives I decided to change out my Sequel. It took a bit of futzing around as I think the scales were a bit more tailored to a 705, but I got the knife re-shod and like it much better with the CF instead of the original aluminum with G10 inserts.

Edit: Shot some better daylight after pics this morning.

QlMM3yB.jpg

ACYbJQs.jpg

VlswOKj.jpg

53fS3W9.jpg

Edit II, for Joe P: The BM hatahs ain't here, Joe, so they won't see this, but this unused Sequel cut me TWICE changing out the scales and again today replacing a light fixture. Thing was like a lazah, right out of the box! :eek:

Impossible Steve!!!!
Everyone knows each BM knife out of the box has wonky grinds and all are butter knife dull!!
Also, waaaay too expensive and I heard the owner hates puppies, kittens and children!!
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

75af1eff12ef36cc323936c247907edf.jpg

883e6a4b95b00a8cb3f4addd51e95a2b.jpg

Just received new scales for my large DR griptilian

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Nice pix, Aus. I really like that black-bladed 710 with the green scales. Sweeeeet!!

That limited run of the green 710 was interesting. After reports of black showing through, it sure looked like the scales were painted; but it was the value of having an M4 blade in the mix that made it so special. Scales are easy to replace but not so the M4 blade.

For sure that, Joe. I don't know that I'll ever be able to find an M4 blade at a price that doesn't make my stomach curdle. :grumpy:

Back