Show Us Your Gunstock Traditionals

Onebigbill

Gold Member
Don't know if this thread will be a bust or not. Guess we'll see. Got to shopping around for a gunstock knife and realized that I don't know much about them or exactly who made/makes the "better" ones. They don't seem to get much love. Opinions and pictures welcomed.

pQ7gUex.jpg

The GEC 44 is very well made. The pull is just about ideal for me.
gJDunWG.jpg

4JP7sUU.jpg

My Schatt & Morgan is also very well made with great pull. Mid to late 90s manufacture.
AK0Cr0K.jpg
The MOP Schatt is gorgeous and the stag is also awesome.

My worst Queen made knife happens to be this Schatt & Morgan one in interior elk. Looks great in the photo but the knife itself is abysmal. Not really sure why I kept it but I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.... Looks good though!

Shame about the overall quality because it is such an attractive looking knife

k68LB7L.jpg

I only have one, a GEC 44 kindly gifted to me By Randy @r redden It has been on my belt every day in a GEC sheath since I got it. I has seen the pattern posted before and I thought it looked good,but I thought I wouldn't like how it felt in hand. Turns out I like it quite a bit. I love the stag on this knife, such great color. As you can see I use it,primarily its is my eating knife. But it sees plenty of other uses.

k68LB7L.jpg

I only have one, a GEC 44 kindly gifted to me By Randy @r redden It has been on my belt every day in a GEC sheath since I got it. I has seen the pattern posted before and I thought it looked good,but I thought I wouldn't like how it felt in hand. Turns out I like it quite a bit. I love the stag on this knife, such great color. As you can see I use it,primarily its is my eating knife. But it sees plenty of other uses.
I use the stag 44 as my eating knife too. The handle shape just feels right in my hand with a pinch grip.

Back