Show Us Your Gunstock Traditionals

gL8Jp56.jpg

Man, I'm liking that #22 Magnum (if that is what I think I'm looking at). The smaller gunstock knives are really appealing to me because of the ease of carry.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
Yes, you are right. That is a 22 Magnum. I believe it is GEC’s shortest knife at 2 5/8 inches long.

Boy that looks nice! I like the tail-lock too. Something a little different. Congrats!
Thank you!
I couldn't make up my mind at all but I saw someone who ordered one with mammoth interior on Instagram...not sure if he posts here but I chatted with him and I guess he actually requested the clip and paid for the additional tooling to go along with it since it's normally a sleeker looking spear point. I was going to go with a LB lanny's but I love gunstocks and I think the tail lock will be a nice add to my small collection!

Beautiful piece of artwork. Tell me more about it!

Thank you! I am swinging 2x over my comfort zone money-wise for knives on this but I figure I'll eventually work my way towards a Bose knife which I feel like is the inevitable when you start to get really into traditional styled folders...which raises a bigger question is a tail lock traditional? I've heard it was developed by Lake and Centofante but for some reason I feel like I've seen a sheffield tail- lock but I am maybe mistaken. I know next to nothing compared to the frequent posters on this board so maybe they'll help.

Anyways closed it's 3 13/16... ATS-34. I chose a classic federal shield which is my favorite. I ordered on July 4th and was told 3-4 months. I've been a proud owner of Ohta's work as well and both him and Ryu are such nice dudes. I really admire the dedication to the craft and quality that they both have all while remaining thankful to customers....

Anyways said he'd ship it Monday (maybe as I type this with the time difference) last time and the only other time I had an ems package coming from Japan also shipped on a Monday -- it was hand delivered by USPS that Wednesday. Hopeully I'll have pics for you guys later this week!!! Very much looking forward to it.

Thank you! I am swinging 2x over my comfort zone money-wise for knives on this but I figure I'll eventually work my way towards a Bose knife which I feel like is the inevitable when you start to get really into traditional styled folders...which raises a bigger question is a tail lock traditional? I've heard it was developed by Lake and Centofante but for some reason I feel like I've seen a sheffield tail- lock but I am maybe mistaken. I know next to nothing compared to the frequent posters on this board so maybe they'll help.

Anyways closed it's 3 13/16... ATS-34. I chose a classic federal shield which is my favorite. I ordered on July 4th and was told 3-4 months. I've been a proud owner of Ohta's work as well and both him and Ryu are such nice dudes. I really admire the dedication to the craft and quality that they both have all while remaining thankful to customers....

Anyways said he'd ship it Monday (maybe as I type this with the time difference) last time and the only other time I had an ems package coming from Japan also shipped on a Monday -- it was hand delivered by USPS that Wednesday. Hopeully I'll have pics for you guys later this week!!! Very much looking forward to it.
Can't wait to see photos of you new knife.

IMG_20191205_192246.jpg IMG_20191205_192500.jpg IMG_20191205_192625.jpg IMG_20191205_192448.jpg IMG_20191205_192515.jpg

Sorry guys my lighting sucks and these flicks are almost an insult to the man's amazing work... Needless to say I'm thrilled. This is a new level in quality for me to handle! The action is incredibly smooth but has a satisfying snap..feels hydraulic. The tail lock is great to operate. I will take better pics as soon as possible but thought I'd post a few real quick. Great experience working with Ryu.

This stag is insane!

Last edited:
View attachment 1244399 View attachment 1244400 View attachment 1244401 View attachment 1244402 View attachment 1244403

Sorry guys my lighting sucks and these flicks are almost an insult to the man's amazing work... Needless to say I'm thrilled. This is a new level in quality for me to handle! The action is incredibly smooth but has a satisfying snap..feels hydraulic. The tail lock is great to operate. I will take better pics as soon as possible but thought I'd post a few real quick. Great experience working with Ryu.

This stag is insane!
What a knife!

View attachment 1244399 View attachment 1244400 View attachment 1244401 View attachment 1244402 View attachment 1244403

This stag is insane!
What is Ryu's entire name - not all that familiar with the custom knife makers.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Well, seems like this sub/sub-forum is slowly disintegrating. I was recently diagnosed with melanoma cancer and I've been a little out of touch for the past few weeks. Overall prognosis is good but there will be some recovery required. Also some immunotherapy. Recent scans have been clean. I'll be on and off the computer for awhile. I wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Back