Show us your Randalls

Same grind but being handmade each knife is different. I really like a wide blade and plenty of belly throughout the grind even near the tip. Pointer grinds are okay but I love the way the wider blades cut and handle.

Thank you Tom. I like stag, but what you get when you order is a gamble. None is bad, but some stag is better than others.
I am a fan of wood handles. More pics, of wood handles, later.

That's a nice 5-6! Stainless steel is the best!
Thankyou Subaru,
This one is one I found in an old fishing tackle box years ago at the rubbish tip!
The original handle was maroon micarta with a brass pommel,however it had huge grooves cut into it with what looked like a hacksaw!
The cuts went so deep in the micarta that the tang was also cut just forward of the pommel,she was a real mess.
I did contact RMK about getting it fixed,but they didn't want to know about it,so I did it myself.
The tang was shortened to where it was cut,then a nice piece on black linen micarta glued on with two part epoxy.

I like the Bradford Angier style handle,so copied it(no compass),besides,the brass pommel on the original made it feel
too heavy.I also have small hands,so she fits just right!

I did get a correctly marked RMK leather sheath for it from a mate in the States,but she usually rides in a Spec-ops
Brand Combat Master 6" sheath when out and about.
She goes with me everywhere and has never let me down.
Thats how I know shes a good knife.

Very impressive work. I've used spec ops sheaths for Busse combat knives but the Sullivan's leather is one of the best parts about having a Randall!

Got this from a mate that kept it in a toolbox in his shed.It originally had a leather handle,but had been badly damaged by battery acid!
Most of the right side of the handle had been eaten away by the acid,the pommel looked like a dog had chewed on it.The leather had gone to an evil smelling powdery mess,and the tang had signs of rust.
After removing the pommel and leather,cleaned her up to remove rust,added new spacers on front and rear,a nice block of linen,and a piece of alloy for the pommel.
The only difference between this and the shop made blade is this one still has the exposed tang nut(cant see it in the pic,but it is there),the shop made would have an inverted nut for this handle type.
This used to be a daily carry,but now I have 5-6,not so much.

Got this from a mate that kept it in a toolbox in his shed.It originally had a leather handle,but had been badly damaged by battery acid!
Most of the right side of the handle had been eaten away by the acid,the pommel looked like a dog had chewed on it.The leather had gone to an evil smelling powdery mess,and the tang had signs of rust.
After removing the pommel and leather,cleaned her up to remove rust,added new spacers on front and rear,a nice block of linen,and a piece of alloy for the pommel.
The only difference between this and the shop made blade is this one still has the exposed tang nut(cant see it in the pic,but it is there),the shop made would have an inverted nut for this handle type.
This used to be a daily carry,but now I have 5-6,not so much.

Zanussi
You do very nice repair work. I really like the Model 5.

My first old randall. Love this knife. made in springfield MA. some heavy rust i removed but still see some pits. Handle end little loose. Any suggestions if I should have it repaired or just leave it as is.

Last edited:
Back