Show us your Randalls

Added the 25-5 at Blade, found the LLBean 26 here, and just received the #2-4 after ordering it in 2013
In handling the 25 vs. the 26, the in-hand size difference is pretty significant to me. The 25 feels like a big knife, while the 26 seems like a pretty good EDC size, and something that would be handy for most US game animals. I'm beginning to really like the 26.

Thankyou all! I'm no longer collecting knives so I wanted to post this pic of them all together for one last time.
Some I inherited from my late great uncle's collection,and some from mates that aren't around anymore.
The oldest is a '72 14,the newest is a 2016 1-7 that was a gift for my 46th birthday.
My daily user is my little 5-6,or if in the kayak,my standard 16.
I carried my old 1-7 for most of my time in the Green Machine,an enlistment gift from my great uncle.
Even though she's retired now,we still go for walks through the trees every now and then.

Yes TAH there are a few 14's there,if you go over to the Busse forum you will see why there are a shortage of TGLB's!

My great uncle told my that collecting is never about what you aquire,but what you can pass on to others.
I hope I have done that,as I know others have here,and elsewhere.
Thankyou all.Regards Darryl from Australia.

In handling the 25 vs. the 26, the in-hand size difference is pretty significant to me. The 25 feels like a big knife, while the 26 seems like a pretty good EDC size, and something that would be handy for most US game animals. I'm beginning to really like the 26.
I love the 25 handle. It's like a big and small knife combined. The choil is perfect and choked up it's a perfect little knife. For me the 5" is just right for whitetail.

The lower hilt could be smaller. It would help in slicing.

Thank you Tom. I like stag, but what you get when you order is a gamble. None is bad, but some stag is better than others.
I am a fan of wood handles. More pics, of wood handles, later.

Finally got around to taking a picture of a couple of wooden handled Model 5's. I have at least another dozen wooden handled 5's, but the rain stopped any more photos for now.
From top to bottom.
Ebony, Olive wood, Olive wood again, Thuya and Yew.
IMG_3077.JPG

That ebony is pretty cool Rod! I used to own an RMK #2-5 in black palm that had mixed colors too, I miss that one...

My last Randall,minty 1-7 standard.
Blade is nice and thick,.24 at ricasso tapering to .23 within an inch of tip!
With all that steel out front,the point of balance is 1/8th of inch in front of guard.
Scary sharp with beautiful lines.A true classic!

Back