Show us your Randalls

Heck one more. :)
PFf1Mtt.jpg

Very nice B BlackAgnes ! My favorite of that group is 4 down on the right side.

At first I thought it was a model 1, but with no finger choil on the top? Must be a model 5? With double silver guard, epic stag and silver butt plate. Optional washers too. Very cool looking.

Very nice B BlackAgnes ! My favorite of that group is 4 down on the right side.

At first I thought it was a model 1, but with no finger choil on the top? Must be a model 5? With double silver guard, epic stag and silver butt plate. Optional washers too. Very cool looking.
eveled--

It's a Model 14 CDT with a Number 1 guard and fitted buttcap, special bowie grind, too. I recently bought it from Rick Bowles.
Thanks, Tim

There are some nice oldies in there too, BlackAgnes. Nice collection. Or, maybe I should say it's a nice start... :)

There are some nice oldies in there too, BlackAgnes. Nice collection. Or, maybe I should say it's a nice start... :)

Melvin-Purvis-- Most of these I ordered in the seventies--fully optioned with left-hand finger grooves and double guards. The small Model 2 on the left was my first Randall, about 40 years ago, I think. The Model 16 Special Fighter was left unsold at a Randall yearly cleanup sale, so I bought it and another from them. The Copper Companion I bought from Chris Stanaback a while back--very attractive knife along with the Model 27 Copper Mini obtained at a gun show.
This is a mysterious Randall I bought recently-- It was a rusty mess and the handle was rough as well. I hand-polished the blade and removed the handle. I then silver-soldered the guard on (doesn't look like a Randall guard!) and reassembled it, re-shaping reshaping the handle to a more oval configuration. The logo seems etched rather than stamped. Any clue as to what this is?
4kJwidE.jpg

BRFYyXY.jpg

Thanks!

Tim
BRFYyXY.jpg

4kJwidE.jpg

It looks funny with the thumb notches and the upper guard. I think I’d bob the top guard off.

You did a nice job on the silver solder and the handle.

Last edited:
It looks funny with the thumb notches and the upper guard. I think I’d bob the top guard off.

You did a nice job on the silver solder and the handle.
Eveled-- Yeah, the top notches would seem to indicate it was originally shipped with a standard guard. I think a bunch of work was done on this knife before I got it. At first I thought it may have been a "Kit" knife, but isn't so marked as they usually are. The pictures exaggerate the sanding striations; in person it looks very nice, actually. I wonder what inspired the previous owner to re-guard and re-handle it. Since the logo appears etched rather than stamped, I am thinking it is an older model--but no clue as to which model it is. Anyone care to chime in on its origin?

Tim

That knife looks suspicious to me. Lots of things look off - at the very least it's been re-handled with new fittings, but someone went to a lot of work to make it look factory.

That knife looks suspicious to me. Lots of things look off - at the very least it's been re-handled with new fittings, but someone went to a lot of work to make it look factory.

AR-- I thought of that, but the guard is nothing like any Randall I've seen, the handle was really well-constructed, and for what I paid for it, I kinda doubt that someone made the effort to fake it as a Randall, but--who knows? It may remain a mystery, and that's fine too! Makes our hobby interesting, n'est-ce pas?
Best,
Tim

I
AR-- I thought of that, but the guard is nothing like any Randall I've seen, the handle was really well-constructed, and for what I paid for it, I kinda doubt that someone made the effort to fake it as a Randall, but--who knows? It may remain a mystery, and that's fine too! Makes our hobby interesting, n'est-ce pas?
Best,
Tim
I thought some of y'all might like to see my Model 14, which I carried and used on various deployments. I recall that in the 100% humidity in the Colombian jungle, the blade rusted red every day, and I spent down time rubbing it off with machine gun oil (all I had). Recently, I found this old Buzz Sawyer cartoon panel which shows the exact knife, so I decided to hang them both up so that I could enjoy seeing them!
GsrBA8b.jpg

Tim

BOy8sGy.jpg
nYpfCCD.jpg
6w8c94j.jpg
sIpTHz9.jpg
Well I know it’s the same model 3 I always post. Lol. But she is so purdy I can’t help it. And a model 23 I just got back from a guy I sold it to a few years ago and he sold it back just a week or 2 ago so will have to wait till next hunting season to go for Real pictures

Back