Show Us Your Stuff!

Looking for pictures of the tomahawks in use over here and over there - Iraq, Afganistan, Kuwait, etc. Post your pictures here or send them via email to owner@bmtomahawks.com and we'll post them for you. We'd like to use them on the website.

Brody - I know you're using that tomahawk you just got to build that dugout canoe - let's see some pictures.

Got a phone call from an guy in Afganistan who uses his and he's sending pictures. Let's see some more!

I'll get a hold of my buddy, he's got a quality digital camera and see what I can do.

gonna be hitten the woods before work tomorrow morning, ill see if I can get someone to bring out a camera and get some pictures of the hawk and the tree that will hopefully become a canoe.

Brody R. said:
get some pictures of the hawk and the tree that will hopefully become a canoe.

:eek: You don't play around do you. Looking forward to the pics.

I feel a little intimidated. I'll keep my Hawk pics of me making a PBJ sandwich to myself. :eek:

heh, didnt end up getting out there that day on account of people sleeping in and work. Hopefully tomorrow tho.

Finally got out there today but unfortunatly no photos as my buddy forgot his camera, soon tho. Damn nice day out today, hardly seemed like January. My buddy was chopping the section down for a two man canoe with my GB double bit (which the wedge seems to be loosing in, not sure how i'm gonna deal with that) meanwhile 3 of us started to take the bark off the top, I used my Frontiersmen and the others used a slasinski pipe style hawk and a CS warhammer to start removing the bark. While we were out there a couple guys walked by and asked what we where doing, after explaining we realized they knew alot about that sorta stuff, suggested we make use of fire and when looking at my tomahawks instantly said I see that ones hand forged (the Frontiersmen) and the other one was cast. Said he wished he had his hawk on him. They didn't seem to think the tree was cedar, none of us know too much about trees so i'm not really sure what it is but parts had a reddish tint so cedar was suggested. Guys said we shoulda cut down one of the beech trees their but none of em seemed big enough. Once I post pics maybe someone will know what kinda tree it is. I'll try to get on that soon.

Got out there today and actually got to take a few pictures, once my buddy figures out how to get his digital camera hooked up to his computer and emails me em i'll post them up.

AWESOME! Can't wait to see them. We broke some records here with about 38 days of straight rain but the past couple days have been sunny and comfortably cool so it's been nice to get out there with the hawks and actually play without freezing our butts off!

I'll take a picture of my new Rainier and send it to you as soon as it arrives.

Wow, 38 days of straight rain? Hah that's gotta make people wanna go suicidle. Anyway my buddy just emailed me em came out kinda crappy and dark tho so i'll try to take some more when it's good and sunny.

cut.jpg

What kind of tree are you working on? Is it an Oak? It's kind of hard to tell from the back ground what kind of woods you are working in. Do I see Beech trees in the background of the pictures? It looks like a big job.

I'm not positive of the tree but i'll take better/brighter pictures of it if anyone can tell. At first we thought it might have been cedar cause the wood has almost a reddish tint too it but some fellows who came by told us they didn't think it was and said it smelled like watermellon to them. Yea there are beech in the background tho I didn't see any that where wide enough for a canoe in the area close to the trail/creek. We are in the rancocas woods in southern New Jersey, I believe it's part of the pine barrens (if not very close) we plan on testing the dugout in the rancocas creek which connects to the Delaware river.

The pictures are great! It looked like an oak to me. Paul says maybe maple. But it defintely looks green. You should maybe let it sit until fall or start trying to burn some of it out for faster progress. Keep the pictures coming!

Yea the trees definitly still green. Still 50-50 about whether we're gonna give uyp on the tree or not on account of risk of the rangers dishing out fines/taking my axes, if we do abandon I'll start another one in differnt woods closer to my home, maybe a Beech (maybe beech better than oak?). Seems like such a waste. By the way northstar I sent you an e-mail about handles.

I just got your email and will answer immediately. I was in the hospital for the past couple days and and emails backed up.

For those who may ask I slipped last Saturday night carrying a load of firewood into the house and the whole load landed on my chest giving me a hiatal hernia on the left side and two cracked ribs on the right. I didn't go to the hospital for a couple days because I just figured I was wounded from falling and of course it hurt but then the pain got worse and I thought maybe I was having a heart attack. Turns out I had 2 cracked right ribs and the hernia which isn't bad enough for surgery but they gave me meds and told me to take it easy. So apparently I'll live :D

Next time I'll let the wood fall instead of holding onto it. But the ground was wet and I didn't want to let all that nice dry firewood get muddy. (Actually it happened so fast I didn't have time to let go.)

Oh my, you musta been carrying a lot of fire wood, hope your feeling better. Seems like it rains a little too much up out there.

Back