Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

SAK RangerGrip+ Lil Creek.
VZIOPfF.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ashwinearl ashwinearl for your message :thumbsup:, you may post some pics if you like. At present I’m thinking of ordering a knife like/similar to GEC H20, with blade length 2.75”, red micarta.

Aryan.
Arian29 Arian29 this is work in progress. The handle hasn't been epoxied yet so can be changed. 8670 carbon steel, acid etched.
XefTSDV.jpg

Medford : Behring Made combo.jpeg
This combination is what gets carried every day for work. It's been a lot of fun to beat up the Medford with anything that comes along, as that is what it seems built for. The Behring Made fixed is great for tasks made easier by not having to unclip / open / reclip a folding knife. Occasionally, a PM2 works its way into the work rotation, too.

Behring : Reeve Combo.jpeg
This combination is what gets carried the rest of the time. The small Sebenza is about as perfect an EDC knife as I could want, and this Behring Made 'Pintail' is a great compliment to it.

View attachment 1304215
This combination is what gets carried every day for work. It's been a lot of fun to beat up the Medford with anything that comes along, as that is what it seems built for. The Behring Made fixed is great for tasks made easier by not having to unclip / open / reclip a folding knife. Occasionally, a PM2 works its way into the work rotation, too.

View attachment 1304216
This combination is what gets carried the rest of the time. The small Sebenza is about as perfect an EDC knife as I could want, and this Behring Made 'Pintail' is a great compliment to it.
That ‘Pintail’ looks very capable, clearly earns full show in the pic too :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
your welcome, the slicey para 3 compliments the heavy duty Carothers well. A very logical carry. I don’t get the idea of carrying a smaller fixed blade/larger folder. But then again I’m just a random guy on the internet so what do I know?

Hello,
In previous posts page 1 and 3, there’re some answers to the question of ‘smaller fixed blade/larger folder’, you may find ‘em interesting. Pls let us know your view?
Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello,
In previous posts page 1 and 3, there’re some answers to the question of ‘smaller fixed blade/larger folder’, you may find ‘em interesting. Pls let us know your view?
Cheers :thumbsup:

Yes, I read the responses. I agree that small fixed blades are handy, but if I were gonna pair a folder with one it would always be a smaller folder. I cannot conceal a fixed blade of any size where I live, so that also contributes to my reasoning. The core of it for me though is that a fixed blade can usually handle tougher, larger tasks, therefore I’d want it at least a little larger than my folder. The folder (locking or slip joint) would be for more precise, delicate tasks that require more control. That’s just me though. I’m certainly not knocking anyone who does carry a small fixed/large folder. If you like it and it works for you...that’s great. It is interesting to hear everyone’s reasoning/opinions.

Yes, I read the responses. I agree that small fixed blades are handy, but if I were gonna pair a folder with one it would always be a smaller folder. I cannot conceal a fixed blade of any size where I live, so that also contributes to my reasoning. The core of it for me though is that a fixed blade can usually handle tougher, larger tasks, therefore I’d want it at least a little larger than my folder. The folder (locking or slip joint) would be for more precise, delicate tasks that require more control. That’s just me though. I’m certainly not knocking anyone who does carry a small fixed/large folder. If you like it and it works for you...that’s great. It is interesting to hear everyone’s reasoning/opinions.

Many Thanks for your reply,
This thread is started as a dedicated place for ‘fixed blade and folder combo’. The question of difference/varying sizes of the knives in the said combo have added some spice, it has just made this topic more interesting.

Appreciate all comments, questions, suggestions and criticism, all of which just adds to our hobby, doesn’t it?

Aryan

Last edited:
With the exception of a Sgian Dubh in my sock when wearing my kilt, I'm not allowed to have a fixed blade on me, here at the Assisted Living facility.
However, I do keep a Mora Classic Number 1 in the under seat bag on my Rollator (4 wheeled walker).
On my belt I have an SK Blades "Smoke Jumper" SFO Buck 110LT, and a Marbles MR417 two blade slipjoint Folding Hunter.
In my RF pocket today (St. Patty's day) I have a Rough Rider RR1057 Large "A Stroke of Luck" stockman (green bone handle. Tomorrow it will be swapped out for a (BTI) Old Timer 858OTB large stockman. or Rough Rider RR603 large stockman with yellow covers.)
Also in my right front pocket is a Marbles MR278 "DEMO" knife, and a Bundeswehr M1212 copy of the Cold War era West German Army issue Swiss Army/German Army "4 tool" utility pocket knife. (spear point blade, "larger" combo wood saw, small flat blade screwdriver, bottle opener (the saw is a little longer/larger than the one on a SAK Huntsman), Awl/Punch without a thread hole, and cork screw.)
The Bundeswehr also has a green (nylon) handle.

The Assisted living facility does not care if I have a knife or three (and a slingshot and ammo) in the Rollator bag, a pocket knife (or pocket knives) in my pocket, or that I have the two folding knives in sheaths on my belt, since the other residents can't see I have them, or in the case of what is on my belt, that they are a knife.
Being "old school", I made sure I would be able to have and carry a knife, and have my other knives, muzzle loading rifle and pistol, compact 1911, crossbow, and compound bow here, before agreeing to move in.
I can even shoot the Archer in the back yard, so long as I do not target another resident, staff, their furry kitty, or the neighbor's steaks and hamburger on the hoof.
I'm to there is a rifle range just 1.8 miles each way from the facility. Well with-in pedaling distance on my (adult) trike. :D

Last edited:
With the exception of a Sgian Dubh in my sock when wearing my kilt, I'm not allowed to have a fixed blade on me, here at the Assisted Living facility.
However, I do keep a Mora Classic Number 1 in the under seat bag on my Rollator (4 wheeled walker).
On my belt I bave an SK Blades "Smoke Jumper" SFO Buck 110LT, and a Marbles MR417 two blade slipjoint Folding Hunter.
In my RF pocket today (St. Patty's day) I have a Rough Rider RR1057 Large "A Stroke of Luck" stockman (green bone handle. Tomorrow it will be swapped out for a (BTI) Old Timer 858OTB large stockman.)
Also in my right front pocket is a Marbles MR478 "DEMO" knife, and a Bundeswehr M1212 copy of the Cold War era West German Army issue Swiss Army/German Army "4 tool" utility pocket knife. (spear point blade, "larger" combo wood saw, small flat blade screwdriver, bottle opener (the saw is a little longer/larger than the one on a SAK Huntsman), Awl/Punch without a thread hole, and cork screw.)
The Bundeswehr also has a green (nylon) handle.

The Assisted living facility does not care if I have a knife or three (and a slingshot and ammo) in the Rollator bag, a pocket knife (or pocket knives) in my pocket, or that I have the two folding knives in sheaths on my belt, since the other residents can't see I have them, or in the case of what is on my belt, that they are a knife.
Being "old school", I made sure I would be able to have and carry a knife, and have my other knives, muzzle loading rifle and pistol, compact 1911, crossbow, and compound bow here, before agreeing to move in.
I can even shoot the Archer in the back yard, so long as I do not target another resident, staff, their furry kitty, or the neighbor's steaks and hamburger on the hoof.
I'm to there is a rifle range just 1.8 miles each way from the facility. Well with-in pedaling distance on my (adult) trike. :D

Whoa! Sounds like you’re having fun:thumbsup:, might even make some of us envious, what with the freedom of archery, shooting range (rifle) and carrying as many knives, all put together, who wouldn’t be? :D

Back