Show your HDFK!

91bravo

Gold Member
I got my HDFK today and it totally blows my socks off! My wife MTM has been fondling it all day at home today and telling me how much she likes it as well. I should be worried now. :D My initial impressions are way beyond my expectations! This is not a review, I've only whittled some fatwood and made a try stick notch. I know folks will be receiving theirs from the pipeline soon, so post em up if you got em! Thanks again to ManOfSteel89 ManOfSteel89 , @Jo the Machinist, @Nathan the Machinist, @Lorien for a homerun knife!

It rides kinda high, I'm gonna have to figure out another way to drop the sheath a few inches.
4hJ18GH.jpg

Awkward high reach to unsheath the knife
8yM9uu1.jpg

B329DlS.jpg

oeDNuk1.jpg

2CUxCl0.jpg

lo1tKM0.jpg

8IENJPX.jpg

KvoJsuZ.jpg

sX7TM6Y.jpg

zao1QSv.jpg

iVkuLVr.jpg

gX77EzJ.jpg

YSM9FBd.jpg

PqgWFAx.jpg

Of the antique micartas (the dark browns that Nathan has been able to obtain), I think you have a real beauty there. You have a decent enough camera and the skills it takes to show it off, too. Except for a truly occasional special piece that might surpass, I think your scales are simply of the best color, cut and clarity, just like a true gem. I love that stuff!

Should of got the dangler my friend :)

Cool pics!

Unfortunately, although I do have danglers, I prefer the plain leather belt loop that puts the pommel right about my belt line.

The antique micarta w/liners looks phenomenal. I'll admit to being a little jealous.

I got really lucky with this score!

Of the antique micartas (the dark browns that Nathan has been able to obtain), I think you have a real beauty there. You have a decent enough camera and the skills it takes to show it off, too. Except for a truly occasional special piece that might surpass, I think your scales are simply of the best color, cut and clarity, just like a true gem. I love that stuff!

The micarta is amazing and the pics don't really do it justice. The camera is just my wife's i-pad. I can see the end cuts on the pommel side of the handles, just beautiful!

She's a beaut!

She is ain't she!

"Unfortunately, although I do have danglers, I prefer the plain leather belt loop that puts the pommel right about my belt line."

Mashed cat makes a drop loop that would fit these ;)

That's good to hear about the drop loop! I think someone put a TKC leather backer on one and it fit just fine, I can't remember who though...

It rides kinda high, I'm gonna have to figure out another way to drop the sheath a few inches....
4hJ18GH.jpg

Awkward high reach to unsheath the knife
8yM9uu1.jpg

It seems like you're a pretty handy fellow...if you have some sheet Kydex laying around cut you out a custom drop adapter to your desired draw height...drill out 4 or so 1/4" holes, add a couple pair of eyelets, grab a couple pair of Chicagos to attach your custom adapter and to reattach your Teklok. If you have a heat gun or a toaster oven or even a hair dryer you could work wonders to customize the fit like a new glove.

It seems like you're a pretty handy fellow...if you have some sheet Kydex laying around cut you out a custom drop adapter to your desired draw height...drill out 4 or so 1/4" holes, add a couple pair of eyelets, grab a couple pair of Chicagos to attach your custom adapter and to reattach your Teklok. If you have a heat gun or a toaster oven or even a hair dryer you could work wonders to customize the fit like a new glove.

I may have to pick up some kydex sheets to start experimenting with. I wouldn't know how to do eyelets, I've never done them before. I do have some scrap leather, I'll see if I have a piece big enough to work with. Thanks for the info!

Beautiful knife and pictures-Thanks and Congratulations!!:thumbsup::p

Thanks Tommy :cool:

I always like pictures of blades with campfires and this one is great bud!

tW37OrB.jpg

The black micarta looks nice! I still have to find me one of those there original FKs!

It was me!!!

I remember reading it somewhere, thanks Kyle!

91bravo 91bravo ... peruse this link https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_589&osCsid=03qlarljuu5oieuv186mgvpv75
and get an idea of what you'll need if you want to venture further...the only specialized thing you'll need is the eyelet/rivet setter...everything else you probably have on hand...the kydex press is for forming sheaths/holsters and there's tutorials on youtube showing you how to make a homemade one.

Man, I'm already stretched thin with all of my current hobbies as it is! Definitely don't need to chase that rabbit down the kydex hole! lol I'm in no hurry, but next time we venture out on our backpacking trip, I'll have it set how I like it. :)

Back