Show your HDFK!

EMZyQ3Y.jpg

8 months with the HDFK now and today it has seen its very first stone sharpening. Up until today, all it took was some stropping to bring back the sharpness. How does D3V react under a thorough stone sharpening? Well, it sharpens like a dream! I started with DMT red 600 grit stone to set my edge profile, which is slightly thinner than when it came from Nathan. I progressed through the stones finishing with the gold 2000 grit. I spent a night on it, watching TV and sharpening on commercial breaks. Now, this thing is just ridiculously sharp! With a thinner edge and a crisp apex, this thing is going to cut like a laser...not that it didn't, before the sharpening. Yet another bravo freehand in the books...
DlFbQXO.jpg

1u8YOIq.jpg

E58NLl9.jpg

"Catch a fish for a man and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime...."

Either buy a nice sharpening system or learn to free-hand. It's a fun trait to learn and eventually master.

Another version.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat all day drinking beer."

Im getting restless wanting to get out and break my HDFK in ... I'm still living vicariously through this thread ... and now Jonny's polishing up that edge ...

this is worse then being 5 years old the week before Christmas ... if I don't get out soon I may need go shopping for a new dinning room table ... I'm about ready to chop mine up ! :confused: lol

Im getting restless wanting to get out and break my HDFK in ... I'm still living vicariously through this thread ... and now Jonny's polishing up that edge ...

this is worse then being 5 years old the week before Christmas ... if I don't get out soon I may need go shopping for a new dinning room table ... I'm about ready to chop mine up ! :confused: lol

Hang in there JJ. Your time will come and I'm sure it will be epic when finally do get out in the woods! Knives, fire, food, wild mushrooms, rivers, creeks, trails, awesome scenery; it's all going to be there!

Hang in there JJ. Your time will come and I'm sure it will be epic when finally do get out in the woods! Knives, fire, food, wild mushrooms, rivers, creeks, trails, awesome scenery; it's all going to be there!

If I get that good of an outing I may stay a couple weeks lol ... but I love this knife I ... haven't gotten to use it yet except small things but just like my first CPK the EDC2 that has been on my hip alot since I got it ... this HDFK has me wanting to strap it on and just go down the trail ...

but it should calm down some soon now so a week to relax some and hoping next weekend Ill have some time ...

Last edited:
Hi! Do you still have your preorder spot available? I would love to take it!

Much Thanks!

Sorry man, it's been closed for quite a while:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/closed-pre-order-heavy-duty-field-knives.1571125/

Read the OP in this thread and find out as to how to take part as it'll be your best bet other than the ones coming on the secondary market and for the CPK patterns, their prices have been quite reasonable as of late on the WTS private party Exchange:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-next-sale.1405869/

That was my gentle reminder to sheath your knife before you go crawling through the cedar breaks just in case when a branch comes flying at your face and you raise your left hand to block it, you don’t draw your wrist across the sharp blade in your other hand. Because that could get you 11 stitches on the outside plus 3 sub q. Best part was, I was a couple miles out in the sticks, and I couldn’t tell right away how bad it was, but it bled like a sumbich, and I almost sat down to write a “not suicide” note so people wouldn’t think it was on purpose.

Back