Show your HDFK!

This just in, a HDFK found its way to the deep south. It may be the only sighting in this neck of the woods. Speculation is, the broadband speed and time zone difference is a factor in the rare sightings :p
I think I had a first generation FK a few years ago, I didn't really care for it because I had blades similar. Sold it and didn't have an interest in the FK until the HDFK was introduced. Got on the preorder list and now it's my own.:D
It does have a purpose for what I meddle with. I am very pleased with this knife.

5tvL3J4.jpg

k4QRWK7.jpg

This just in, a HDFK found its way to the deep south. It may be the only sighting in this neck of the woods. Speculation is, the broadband speed and time zone difference is a factor in the rare sightings :p
I think I had a first generation FK a few years ago, I didn't really care for it because I had blades similar. Sold it and didn't have an interest in the FK until the HDFK was introduced. Got on the preorder list and now it's my own.:D
It does have a purpose for what I meddle with. I am very pleased with this knife.

5tvL3J4.jpg

k4QRWK7.jpg

Great taste Jack, but how about that classic step-side in the background? :cool:

I received my HDFK this week! It is such an incredible combination of form and function. It can perform like a much larger knife when needed because of the fantastic handle design. The antique Micarta handle scales are truly gorgeous! I also ordered a pair of unbuffed natural Micarta that I am going to try my hand at dyeing them. Leaning towards a dark blue but have not fully decided.

Attachments

• FE3ECD81-694F-4A11-8CDD-99C38CCA08CD.jpeg
    FE3ECD81-694F-4A11-8CDD-99C38CCA08CD.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 002B9452-5DB9-463F-AB37-ED84DA6A5363.jpeg
    002B9452-5DB9-463F-AB37-ED84DA6A5363.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 60
How does the buffed burlap compare to the micarta?? Thanks

I really like the unbuffed burlap for grip! It has more of a texture feeling to it and I have had a hard time putting it down all day. My unbuffed linen also feels great but I imagine over time, with use it will become more like buffed but the burlap will still have the more coarse texture even with natural hand oils. I like the unbuffed for users and buffed antique micarta / buffed black linen micarta for lookers / backup blades. (As if I need back ups ;))

My next CPK I may try in unbuffed antique micarta if it is still available.

Cheers,
Justin
RLK8S1q.jpg

And here it is next to unbuffed linen micarta
dJngcNP.jpg

Reposting this here for comparison reference of the HDFK vs FK and a couple of in-hand shots of the handle....

A shot of the HDFK D2 proto 'with the bark on' and a tumbled FK
5Pxwca5.jpg

What would be the logo side but no logo on the D2 Proto
tW37OrB.jpg

Spine shot
kTWEP99.jpg

Balance point
p1gISL7.jpg

In-hand
QANkGvQl.jpg

ATIEFp3l.jpg

Back