Show your HDFK!

Maybe it’s the thrill of finally getting a grail knife, but the HDFK is literally everything I wanted it to be. It feels great in my hand. Very balanced and large without being needlessly bulky, like a light heavyweight fighter. I’m putting it to work this summer and I can’t wait. Going to try a thigh ride with a firekit.

22007775-75ED-49B5-A3FA-1C919DA02428.jpeg

I usually use a chopper when I clean turkey because they're a big ole heavy bird and a chopper just cleaves so well. That last turkey I wanted to try the HD model of the field knife, much smaller than I'd normally grab. I shouldn't have been surprised, but it caught me off guard when it sailed through those thick legs they have. Perfectly clean cuts. I've chipped 52100 and another maker's 3V on turkey bone, although I can't remember having chipped INFI on turkey bone. This HDFK performed beautifully and there was no edge damage either seen or felt. The HDFK is dialed in.

Been meaning to post this for a few weeks. I've been easing back into more bushcrafty type activities when I have free time.

The ferro rod is from @Sam Wilson and I'm really liking it. Very well made, lots of fun to use.

And the HDFK probably says more about itself than I ever could...

Td1j2HN.jpg

Back