Show your HDFK!

pDgkoCl.jpg

:thumbsup:

We always used ours for tracking shot deer. Worked way better than those yellow 2D flashlights scattered around the cabin.
Yep. The color temperature made spotting blood trails waaayyy easier. Noticed the same thing when all the new LED lights came out, the Coleman lanterns still made blood trails much easier to spot. (Nowadays, using LED flashlights with the Nichia emitters has improved things a lot in that regard).

Yep. The color temperature made spotting blood trails waaayyy easier. Noticed the same thing when all the new LED lights came out, the Coleman lanterns still made blood trails much easier to spot. (Nowadays, using LED flashlights with the Nichia emitters has improved things a lot in that regard).

I have one for that very purpose, the 219 IIRC. It’s actually not bad at all.

I haven’t tried the coloured emitters,
blue for example.

I still run a Coleman lantern for putting around the shop during the winter here.

Light and heat source rolled in to one!

Not to mention I will be bias and say the threshold of manliness north of 49 (and south for those who have a say) is being able to run a Coleman stove and lantern.

I still run a Coleman lantern for putting around the shop during the winter here.

Light and heat source rolled in to one!

Not to mention I will be bias and say the threshold of manliness north of 49 (and south for those who have a say) is being able to run a Coleman stove and lantern.

Ummmmmm excuses me! We who care for like the polar bears and the environment and stuff like we only use organic solar powered lanterns now achtually!

And like.... Oh my gawd, did you just actually like gatekeeper gender like you totally did!! Like someone cancel him!!!

But honestly though, I have some D cell LED lanterns that are a fraction of the size and put out more light, right down to moonlight with no heat and are tent safe for the little kids now. No glass or mantles or seals to deal with. They are awesome. Not to mention some of them have had the same batteries in them for now 4 years and still run fine.

And we upgraded to a 2 burner camp chef propane stove for the Mrs. to have room for her cast iron and more fancy cooking, runs off a 20lbs propane tank, tank is still half full after the season and no shit I don’t even want to go back to white gas for anything.

Last edited:
Back