Show your love for orange scales

I added another Orange handle to my collection, updated my avatar. This one came to me from Russia, the fellow sells here under mrZorg76254, his name is Vitahly.
I'm a sucker for Orange and this one looked like it would fit in and it does. One thing that was odd - there is no logo/makers mark? I asked but didn't get an answer, a small signature would be perfect.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Good looking knife. Do you know what is the steel?

The steel is 440C, I'm fine with this as long as the HT was correct. I see he uses other steels for some of his knives, not sure why he chose 440C for this. Barry Dawson used a lot of 440C and his knives were tough!

Seen at our branding last weekend. Bout the only knife there I didn't make. Orange burlap micarta scales with orange liners. Don't know who made it but looked like a nice knife. Did make the guy one of our water buffalo belts with orange stitching to match.

O25Kro9.jpg

v3qxlIl.jpg

Helping to sort the moms off the babies.

1Ll3joH.jpg

Seen at our branding last weekend. Bout the only knife there I didn't make. Orange burlap micarta scales with orange liners. Don't know who made it but looked like a nice knife. Did make the guy one of our water buffalo belts with orange stitching to match.

O25Kro9.jpg

v3qxlIl.jpg

1Ll3joH.jpg

I've been looking at making my own orange burlap micarta, just need to research the process a little more... but mostly get some extra free-time away from other projects. I'm a little worried about voids as I've seen even some of the current manufactured stuff come out bad, and I assume it's from shrinkage of the epoxy.

That does look pretty nice.

I've been looking at making my own orange burlap micarta, just need to research the process a little more... but mostly get some extra free-time away from other projects. I'm a little worried about voids as I've seen even some of the current manufactured stuff come out bad, and I assume it's from shrinkage of the epoxy.

That does look pretty nice.
Years ago I played around with making my own out of denim. For me it wasn't worth it. It only come out decent bout half the time.

O25Kro9.jpg

v3qxlIl.jpg

1Ll3joH.jpg

Always enjoy seeing your work, Dave. That belt matches the knife so well that I'm a little surprised he didn't have you make a sheath to complete the set.

Back