Show your love for the ladies

Thanks Nathan!

Thanks! I’m pretty psyched I snagged this one. It’s been getting a lot of carry time since I picked it up. It’s such a great pattern. I actually liked it so much I grabbed another one a few weeks ago. :)
I’m with you on the Lil’ Lady and was looking to add another one myself when a big sister in desert ironwood showed up at the Outpost. Couldn’t resist... :)

I’m with you on the Lil’ Lady and was looking to add another one myself when a big sister in desert ironwood showed up at the Outpost. Couldn’t resist... :)

Ah, that was you who snagged that IW Lady. Sweet score right there. Definitely post that one up when you get it. :)

Ah, that was you who snagged that IW Lady. Sweet score right there. Definitely post that one up when you get it. :)
Yes, it was.
My (real) lady gave me something very special for Xmas this year: I got to choose my own present and I thought a LL or a LF would be perfect :)
But I‘ll have to wait until then to open it. Just got the shipping notice and she should be here in a couple of days. It‘ll be a rough week until I can finally lay hands on her...

Ever since Warrior108 Warrior108 and Odaon Odaon brought it up in the Comparison Thread last week, I haven’t been able to get the idea of a Lil Lady in 3/32” out of my head.

The Ladyfinger is by far my beloved favorite pattern of all knives, hands down, and I have been wanting to expand my meager collection with a Lil Lady or two, but it seems that it’s slim pickings for the LL’s right now, though I did see a cotton candy one somewhere which actually made me question my aversion to pink for a moment...

All that being said, what are the chances that we might see some Lil Lady’s coming out of the forge soon? I don’t know what factors drive Andy’s decisions on which knives to produce, but I don’t think I’m the only one who would be interested.

Ever since Warrior108 Warrior108 and Odaon Odaon brought it up in the Comparison Thread last week, I haven’t been able to get the idea of a Lil Lady in 3/32” out of my head.

The Ladyfinger is by far my beloved favorite pattern of all knives, hands down, and I have been wanting to expand my meager collection with a Lil Lady or two, but it seems that it’s slim pickings for the LL’s right now, though I did see a cotton candy one somewhere which actually made me question my aversion to pink for a moment...

All that being said, what are the chances that we might see some Lil Lady’s coming out of the forge soon? I don’t know what factors drive Andy’s decisions on which knives to produce, but I don’t think I’m the only one who would be interested.

Annnnnd apologies up front Andy and Phillip but I'm going to be opinionated on this one ..
@Fiddleback @VANCE

The Lil Lady model really doesn't need to be made with anything thicker than 3/32" stock (meaning that thinner AEB-L might also be an option). Its a smaller knife, short but capable blade, guardless, nice belly, great EDC. It ought to be light and thin. After all it is a (Little) Lil Lady. I managed to snag a 3/32 version in burlap and its a perfect weight for the knife. I lobbied for more to be made for Valentines day last year and for a few of the daughters' birthdays .. and then figured I better apply some patience and wait it out. Then some finally came out here and there but were 1/8 and in the heavier SFT no less. I tried one out in pink jade but couldn't do it as a gift because the 1/8 and the 1/8 SFT aspect plus the jade material put it way over the top regarding feel and weight compared to what potential I think it has. Those are my reasons and preferences and others are bound to feel differently. However there are a number of folks who'd like to see some lighter, thinner Lil Ladies. Soooooo if you make em, I'm sure you'll make some sales and happy people out there. Then we can put more stuff in this aptly named thread. :D

Whilst sharing opinion, may as well add this:
I've got my blue Lil Lady need checked off. I need a red(ish) one in either Ruby or Cotton Candy or mayyybe a red wood like dyed maple or sycamore or mango. The maple and mango might be heavier though. And of course, for my purposes only black/white stripes and black pins would do. And I'd never turn one away if it were in bog oak over black and white.

Thanks for creating this model in the first place and for your consideration!

I haven't handled a Lil Lady yet, but I would agree with Jerry. My Surls Patch which I carry every day and love is in 1/8, I would love it more in 3/32. I don't see any reason for an EDC type knife to be any thicker. Thin and light is exactly what I want!

Plus I need a matching Lil Lady for my OS Lady. :D

Well said, Warrior108 Warrior108 , Odaon Odaon , and Scotcha Scotcha .

I hope we see some love for the 3/32” (or thinner) Lil Lady one day. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that this pattern would be well-suited for a thinner blade. I don’t have one in my collection yet because I’ve been trying to hold out for one with the specs I want, one of those specs being 3/32.
The Lady was my first ever Fiddleback. It was the pattern that drew me in and made me want to search for more. I use my OS Lady quite a bit for food prep and general cutting tasks because it just feels right in my hand. To add a Lil Lady or two to my little collection would be amazing.

Well said, Warrior108 Warrior108 , Odaon Odaon , and Scotcha Scotcha .

I hope we see some love for the 3/32” (or thinner) Lil Lady one day. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that this pattern would be well-suited for a thinner blade. I don’t have one in my collection yet because I’ve been trying to hold out for one with the specs I want, one of those specs being 3/32.
The Lady was my first ever Fiddleback. It was the pattern that drew me in and made me want to search for more. I use my OS Lady quite a bit for food prep and general cutting tasks because it just feels right in my hand. To add a Lil Lady or two to my little collection would be amazing.

The Ladyfinger was the first model that really caught my eye when I first found Fiddleback Forge in 2009. I still regret not buying one back then... I was only just starting college and didn't have any sort of financial stability. At least I have one now!

2v2JQKaMhxAKujh.jpg
... just kidding of course. ;)

Sooooo....I’ve been using this sheath for my OS Ladyfinger (1/8”), and realized as I put this 3/32” Lady into it today that it has formed quite well to the thicker one (both the blade width AND handles are thicker) leaving very little retention for the thinner one. No worries, I’ve got leather on the way for my slim LF, but it was a good learning for me. I love this knife....

Oak tree reflecting in the dangler rivet....

Last edited:
rvPp194.jpg

I’m going to be the odd man out.
While I have a few knives in 3/32 and appreciate them, I don’t see myself parting with this Lil’ Lady - SFT (!) 1/8” (!) - IOW, the combination least favored here.
I LOVE this knife. And I love to pair her with my (slightly modded) Chaparral which comes in at a super slicey .075” (under 3/32”). She’s slim, but stout (being guardless, you get the benefit of the max height in the blade in an overall slim package), has a very strong tip, the handle is fairly “fat” relative to the size of the knife, providing excellent purchase, and she’s a little “heavy”. The buckeye burl in shades of tan and gray, paired with black pins gives her - to me - a “badass” look. Esp. in a black sheath. There’s nothing “dainty” about this lady. She’s 7” OAL with a 4” handle that provides a super solid 4-finger grip - there is ZERO dead space on this knife. For someone who lives in an urban environment and can therefore rarely carry large blades, this knife is perfect. Slim, compact, strong. What’s not to love?
Having said that, I do understand the comments from those that live in different environs which shapes their preferences.

My only issue with this particular knife is that I feel she could have been ground thinner behind the edge. As I have said somewhere before, width at the spine is less important to me than how a knife tapers down to the edge.

In this one, I like the strong blade, the fairly thick handle and the weight. She’s one tough and very capable Lil’ Lady.

rvPp194.jpg

I’m going to be the odd man out.
While I have a few knives in 3/32 and appreciate them, I don’t see myself parting with this Lil’ Lady - SFT (!) 1/8” (!) - IOW, the combination least favored here.
I LOVE this knife. And I love to pair her with my (slightly modded) Chaparral which comes in at a super slicey .075” (under 3/32”). She’s slim, but stout (being guardless, you get the benefit of the max height in the blade in an overall slim package), has a very strong tip, the handle is fairly “fat” relative to the size of the knife, providing excellent purchase, and she’s a little “heavy”. The buckeye burl in shades of tan and gray, paired with black pins gives her - to me - a “badass” look. Esp. in a black sheath. There’s nothing “dainty” about this lady. She’s 7” OAL with a 4” handle that provides a super solid 4-finger grip - there is ZERO dead space on this knife. For someone who lives in an urban environment and can therefore rarely carry large blades, this knife is perfect. Slim, compact, strong. What’s not to love?
Having said that, I do understand the comments from those that live in different environs which shapes their preferences.

My only issue with this particular knife is that I feel she could have been ground thinner behind the edge. As I have said somewhere before, width at the spine is less important to me than how a knife tapers down to the edge.

In this one, I like the strong blade, the fairly thick handle and the weight. She’s one tough and very capable Lil’ Lady.

That one is really really nice looking!

Btw, if I'm going to use a knife for an extended task, the thinner blades can wear on your thumb comfort after a while. So I do also appreciate and have thicker 1/8 and 5/32 knives around for those tasks. Its just that the really high majority of time, my tasks don't call for "hefty hefty hefty". :D

Again, that is a handsome knife! Ohhhhhh, it just hit me why I like it so much .... click link here so as to not mung up this thread.

Again, that is a handsome knife! Ohhhhhh, it just hit me why I like it so much .... click link here so as to not mung up this thread.
:thumbsup:
I have yet to post pictures and share my thoughts about a related knife also in buckeye burl. The buckeye on the OKTs is very different from this one. Love them both.

ZgRDKCx.jpg

I quickly added this pic. On the right, obviously, is the Lil’ Lady. Left is a 7 3/4” 3/32” Cohutta Mini Strebig.
I love both of them.
The Lil’ Lady, with its relatively thick but more “broomstick” handle provides almost the same overall girth as the larger MS.
Again, my love for the Lil’ Lady is based on its very compact, narrow and therefore pocketable, yet still strong/substantial form.

Back