Show your love for the ladies

Great pic and gorgeous Lil' Lady:thumbsup:.

Thanks, I managed to bring a real camera out yesterday.

Really nice!

You know the drill....if you ever decide to part with it.....:)

I'll let you know if I do. There are so many good models it is hard for me to justify having doubles, not really being a collector or so I tell myself.

Last edited:
An Old School Lady and guardless one-off new version Lady. (handle widths are not specific to the model and vary within any model)

I have found the handle size variation to be noticeable for sure, although your pics really show it. It sure seems that my OS Ladies have larger handles than the new school models, but now you’ve got me wondering. I’ll have to check!

So my OS Ladyfingers are definitely larger in the handles (and in OAL) than the new school ones. I was trying to get a better picture to illustrate the difference because this picture makes it look less pronounced than it actually is. The 3/32” new school Lady is very close in handle girth to the 1/8” red/black bolstered one. I like the slimmer handles, but I find that the wider/fatter handles on the OS versions Still work well and are proportional to the (slightly) longer and taller blade.

It finally happened! Thanks for the surprise at Blade Show VANCE VANCE can't wait to put it to use and get the aging matched up!

WVFVc9Jl.jpg

It finally happened! Thanks for the surprise at Blade Show VANCE VANCE can't wait to put it to use and get the aging matched up!

WVFVc9Jl.jpg

What kind of sheath rig are you going to get for those? So many possibilities. That and a 12" machete would make a fantastic Nessmuk trio.

What kind of sheath rig are you going to get for those? So many possibilities. That and a 12" machete would make a fantastic Nessmuk trio.
I was thinking about the third option to make this pair a trio. It would of course need to be in Osage! Wanna make me a special matched Osage machete!? Haha! Osage handled axe maybe could be a good third as well. :D Can a recurve bow stand in for the 3rd edged tool in the trio?! I've always wanted an Osage bow...

Jason is going to make a pocket sheath for the Lil Lady and a belt sheath with a clip for the OS Lady. Nothing too fancy or any sort of combo set up, but they should be seeing plenty of use!

An Osage longbow is a necessity, but not cutlery, so not part of your trio. I think the natural canvas would match your setup pretty well and be way more functional than a wooden handle on a machete. I have a Nessmuk hatchet from Liam that has osage. Its pretty. A bit heavy to drag along though.

I was thinking the other day of a combo sheath where the knives are connected back to back. The larger knife goes into the pocket and the smaller knife sits outside and they ride the pocket saddle style. A magnet in the back of each would clamp them onto the pocket.

An Osage longbow is a necessity, but not cutlery, so not part of your trio. I think the natural canvas would match your setup pretty well and be way more functional than a wooden handle on a machete. I have a Nessmuk hatchet from Liam that has osage. Its pretty. A bit heavy to drag along though.

I was thinking the other day of a combo sheath where the knives are connected back to back. The larger knife goes into the pocket and the smaller knife sits outside and they ride the pocket saddle style. A magnet in the back of each would clamp them onto the pocket.
All fair points! Haha.

I like that sheath idea...

Played around for a few minutes with the Lil Lady until the mosquitoes drove me inside. Embarrassing attempt at a try stick, but I wanted to test the usefulness of my beloved small toy knife...;)

Not too shabby for your first attempt..it is a try stick after all and the notches and cuts/techniques will get easier each time

Back