Show Your Vintage Schrade Scrimshaw Designs by F. Giorgianni

I have seen some of the designs that were done for Schrade. These are the ones I have.

Start with this one because we are close to Thanksgiving Day.

100_4797_zps092eac7b.jpg

100_4796_zps4c5a05b4.jpg

Here is a white Frontier (4432) with a blade for a wood scaled knife (4435) with a 4432

100_4724_zps23c25373.jpg

And the last is a well used Folding hunter SC500

100_0890_zps8d7e8945.jpg

Stockman scrim'd for the Schrade forum back in 2006. Frank did these specially for this short run of knives. The project was put together by his son.

Russell

dsc0132ls0.jpg

Thank You, Motey. The pictures are great and these are designs I haven't seen. Looks like there are three ways that the designs were signed, initials, signature and signature and date.

This one has actually been hand done by f. giorgiannihttp.
styv8.jpg
[/IMG]
sty2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a slew of examples! Here are a couple more, one's complete with whiteout! ;)

2j5hnyr.jpg
[/IMG]

293vr50.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

ea42, that is great. I never thought someone had drawings. Thanks for showing!!

2lmugl1.jpg

Various trout scrims on the liner lock single blade trapper pattern

Last edited:
Hal, I bet you are a fisherman. I notice that 2 out of the 4 knives you posted do not have the plus sign on the tang. Do they appear to be stainless as well, or non-stainless?

I do fancy trout fishing especially. And I do believe the early scrims were not stainless, but not for sure. I recall the delrin was whiter and less shiny too. I do not own them any more.

I do fancy trout fishing especially. And I do believe the early scrims were not stainless, but not for sure. I recall the delrin was whiter and less shiny too. I do not own them any more.

When the base pattern used was not stainless, generally the Scrimshaw version was not. Colors of Delrin did vary from true white to a cream more approximating aged ivory.

Sorry Photobucket is having fun with my pictures.

Now they are correct???????

Last edited:
Back