Show Your Vintage Schrade Scrimshaw Designs by F. Giorgianni

507SC (1983)

0_9eecd_653c33f7_XL.jpg

0_9eece_4a5fc0a0_XL.jpg

A bit about Bill Feeney who Scrimshawed the Schrade IXL knives.

http://www.heraldnews.com/article/20110722/NEWS/307229895

Russell

Thanks Rusty.... I have a pair of those IXL knives and it is great to put a face to the name. With that article dated 2011 and I assume the photo is the same Bill doesn't look particularly old, so when he did those knives for IXL/Scharde back in the early 80's he must have been a relatively young man.

I just got this off of the Big Bay. Once I opened the package & looked at the blade I noticed something under the artwork printed on the blade. Low & behold it was a name & it's that of Mr. F. Giorgianni himself. Haven't had the chance to clean the knife up yet. On the back of the blade it's dated 1978-6. Does anyone have any information of these Parker Frost that he did? I am thinking that the 6 after the year is for the month of June.

I just got this off of the Big Bay. Once I opened the package & looked at the blade I noticed something under the artwork printed on the blade. Low & behold it was a name & it's that of Mr. F. Giorgianni himself. Haven't had the chance to clean the knife up yet. On the back of the blade it's dated 1978-6. Does anyone have any information of these Parker Frost that he did? I am thinking that the 6 after the year is for the month of June.

There was a stockman with a 'bison' etch, a trapper, and a muskrat, with (I think) a 'raccoon' etch and a 'mink' etch, respectively. They all had 1978 tang stamps. Some (most?) were in bone, but there were some in Delrin. The Delrins may have been put-togethers at the closing? I think that the numeral '6' which you mention here is a pattern number, but quien sabe? Some of these knives may have been made at the Imperial facilities, as I know that to be true for the 5-knife Parker run of Schrade-marked stockman knives celebrating Revolutionary War heroes. I have a full matched set of those Rev. War knives with all the bling if anybody wants them.

FatCity67,

Gas is expensive (not like in CALI) when your car requires high test. That is why I now walk to work, matchbox in my pocket & knife on my side. Hahahaha

FatCity67,

Gas is expensive (not like in CALI) when your car requires high test. That is why I now walk to work, matchbox in my pocket & knife on my side. Hahahaha

I'm assuming that is a sarcastic shot about the gas prices.

Is that a matchbox in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.

:D

Great American Wildlife 01.jpgGreat American Wildlife 05.jpgGreat American Wildlife 04.jpgGreat American Wildlife 03 (2).jpgGreat American Wildlife 06.jpgjust got this so thought i would share. like the presentation of all the art work at one time. wonder how many were made and who did the wood work?
Great American Wildlife Scrimshaw

Last edited:
Real pretty oak display and scrimshaw filet knives are rare. I'm guessing 1983 because of the SC503 catfish?

SC705

0_b460f_60a5ea27_XL.jpg

0_b4610_b0456c77_XL.jpg

0_b4611_11936208_XL.jpg

what year it is made?

1983. There were three patterns, the LB-1, the 152 and the LB-7. LB-1 was a rabbit and kept it's original tang marking. The 152 tang, usually 502SC was reversed to 205SC and the art put on the opposite cover from the production knife, 502SC. The LB-7 was usually 507SC, number reversed for the K-Mart issue to 705SC. If found complete in the box there would be a stamp on the white shipping sleeve, "83".

Codger_64,
Thanks for the info. My knife came without white shipping sleeve.
So I have two Scrimshaw Bear Paw knives and both of 1983 :)

Last edited:
Back