Sightings " Sticky " Thread

I stopped at a Dick's Sporting Goods in Worcester, Mass today and they had some 34OT's and the "pal" model at good prices under $10 each new in clamshell packaging.

knifeaholic,
Under $10 each....... :eek:

You are my hero for a find like that!! What a good catch!! :D

Bill

Found a lot of Old Timers at True Value in Hampstead, MD. Across the street from the firestation, next to the post office. Couple of large trappers, some linerlocks, and some stockmen. I was going to buy a 34OT and a 108OT, but they were full price. Nice looking display case for the hardcore collectors out there. When you walk in the door, it's in the display case on the left.

A local store in Columbus, Ohio still has at least 10 152's left. I picked up a 7 ot while I was there and I think they have 1 more left. They also had a 34ot and a 18ot. They have not discounted them yet so they are going for average retail prices.

Have you tried to see if the 152's are carbon or stainless yet? Just curious. The last one I bought was stainless. Better for display than use IMHO, but I have several carbon steel users.

Codger

It's the same store I bought one from a couple of months ago and mine turned out to be stainless so I'm guessing these are also. They are not marked stainless but I tested mine and nothing affected it at all.
We have a Kmart that still has an Xtac (i think) with a cliphanger packaged together but they want around $30 for it. I'm not very fond of the linerlocks to begin with but forget about it for that price. Same Kmart had the multitool and wanted 49.99 for it. They have had both for months now and I imagine they will have them for months more at that price.

If you know your Schrades, and don't mind having private issues in your pocket and collection, Sears still has a stock both in their stores (ours are marked down) and on their website for good prices. Craftsman and Schrade go way back. The last two I bought a month ago (actually, used store credit for a broken tool) both have the impregnated wood scales. The 2 5/8" one has a large and small clip blades, and the larger one, a 3 1/4" stockman, has alarge clip, sheepsfoot, and spey blades. Stainless of course, with Craftsman tangstamps. Both have polished solid brass bolsters, liners, and pins. Nice.

Codger

PS, if you are handy with a utility knife, you can open the clamshell from the back for playtime and no one is the wiser when you display them :D

Hey! Cut that out! What if my wife reads this? I already bought her a Minuteman, so she will KNOW those folders aren't for her! Besides, I still need to get a few more fixed blades to fill out my frames before I get sidetracked.

And miles to go and debts to pay before I sleep. I tried to trade a XT2B to the ambulance service for their bill. Somehow they were not amused and insist on $1,875 in greenbacks. That sure would have bought a lot of nice FIXED knives. But I guess I needed fixing worse. Dangit. :rolleyes:

Codger

I'm sorry (folders) Codger, I 'm sure that (folders) those rescue guys will take care of you (folders) and things will work out OK.

Best,

(FOLDERS)

TTYL (Hi Larry)

Bill

It's O.K. Bill. Yes, the rescue guys got me to the hospital in time for the surgeon to get me FIXED up. And I got my service truck transmission FIXED too. Now if I could just get my cat...well, FIXED, I would be all set. Um... you DO have all the Old Timer fixed blades already, right? Like a 512OT Sharpfinger? :D

Codgerrrrrrrrr

You must have me confused with one of the other much more knowledgeable Schrade guys here in/on the forum.......I collect FIXED blades.

:D

Bill

This post has been pasted into a new, more appropriate thread. Thank you (FOLDERS) Codger.

Consider this a showing of our ability to moderate ourselves.

At least until Phil gets his appointment.... :D

Bill

Self-Moderation, here? Yeah, right.

Dunham's sporting goods, guys. Absolute final closeouts.

Phil

Today's SMKW mail catalog has a few suprises. On the back cover is 34OT anniversary edition Old Timers in the tins. $30, limit two per customer. A few other Schrades on the back two pages, including a Schrade Peanut and Collector Edition model truck, 6OT, green rubber grip OldTimers, and a smattering of "space debris".

-Bob

Back