Sightings " Sticky " Thread

i have old timer and uncle henry boxed sets from an old country store. know nothing about knives. these were placed in the early 70s. any ideas? should i sell or keep? frmby226

Impossible to say with such limited information given, about you and the knives. Pictures and/or a detailed description (knives, not you) would help. Also you goal. Money? Keepsakes? Users?

Codger

I found a few of these Schrades in the local feed store ranging from $18-20.

8OT
80OT
34OT
104OT
108OT
and a brand spanking new Sharpfinger

I thought, why not, and cleaned them out. :D

Well below the last listed prices on most of them! The 8OT itself listed for $38 in 2004. Congratulations!

Codger

PS - Could the 80OT be an 89OT Blazer??

Nice finds Rattler!!

Does the 80/89 OT have a serrated sheepsfoot?
Isn't that the Blazer Codger? Just checkin'.

Bill

P. S.
As soon as we start voting to remove this thread...we get a million posts. Sheesh!!

Lobo had a weak moment!
He's better now. The bug soup wore off.
"Originally Posted by El Lobo
Codger, enough!! I'll turn to FIXED blades!!!."

I may have been misquoted here...let me check. Yes I was...that's 15 yards for piling on boys.

Again I say..."I did not have sex with that...oooopsie :eek: ...wrong thread.

I am feeling better, thank you Irv. Maybe just a touch of Renfield's sickness had taken me by surprise. Soup, dam-, I should be making soup from the flies!!

Apologies to Mr. Stoker, as I'm sure he would've carried a Sharpfinger, been an "Old Timer" fan, and would've been bitten by our hobby.

Bill

Speaking of fixed blades..............
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/orvet/Schrade147b.jpg
I found this today at a used tool store, while looking for an American made Band Saw. $5 and I have a new project knife.
I also found a older Craftsman Band Saw & think we will do some swapping. I have a collection of old pipes that I used to collect. The guy who runs the store is a pipe collector and smoker. Looks like trading is afoot! :D
Incidentally the guy has an old Geo. Schrade Presto that is in good working order. He wants $200 for it. I don't collect automatics but if anyone is interested drop me a email at dalervincent@comcast.net

Dale

Ok, I was wrong. I ended up with two 8OT's. I swear I was seeing 80OT on that other box. :confused: I'm still happy.

I went by the hardware store this morning and found another:D :

194OT
77OT

Back