Silent Hunter

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings Gents,

Haven't made a Silent Hunter in awhile - this is the seventh knife for a very good client. He has two for himself, one for his wife, and each of his four sons. Three of his sons have graduated from three different colleges with degrees in mechanical engineering and the fourth is starting soon. I need to find out what business this client is in!! Stabilized crotch flame walnut/CPM- 154, 9"OAL, 4 1/2" hollow ground blade, tapered tang with red liners.

Be well,

TK

Scab-1.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning, absolutely stunning!! Beautiful work as usual. I always wish for more pics of your creations though!!!!!

Stunning, absolutely stunning!! Beautiful work as usual. I always wish for more pics of your creations though!!!!!
Thank you for the comment - I try and photograph all the essential elements of a particular knife and get them in one photo without being redundant. Just what you see here is a couple hours worth of work shooting and Photoshop editing since I don't have many backgrounds. I charge $60/hour shop time labor so what you're looking at is $120 worth of photo. Jim Cooper charges $180 for a similar montage photo, (and worth every penny)

I could take many more quick photos with my iPhone and have tried that. The end result was some of you guys here commented that those photos weren't up to my usual quality. (and rightfully so)

The camera I use is a Canon 40D semi-professional. It has a shutter count of 7,500 so far and is good for 100,000 shutter actuations. Years ago a fella by the name of John was tutoring me on my photography and I sent him a Loveless style drop point hunter as a gift. A week later this $1100 camera showed up on my doorstep. One of my many fond memories with the knife community. :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I can appreciate that.. Thanks for taking the time to respond. That said, I'm a knife knut and always want MORE!!!
Best,

James

Such a Beautiful Hunting knife and that walnut is lovely. Your Client certainly has good taste in cutlery and we can clearly see why. ;)

Back