Simply put, who makes the most bas ass sheaths guys?

Dwayne Puckett, aka leatherman, has always done great work for me.

LM2.jpg

Great looking sheaths and collection.

I've been really happy with Paw Paw's sheaths.

ASH
Busse_ASH_PPSK_03.jpg

NMFSH w/drop and Blood
Busse_NMFSH_PPKS_001.jpg

AD and a SR Rodent 4
PPKS_BusseAD_SRR4_01.jpg

With so many great sheath makers out there, its hard to narrow it down. There are a lot of great suggestions in here! Good luck with your search!

Many Many Many thanks to "The Guyon" for showing that picture! :D

The sheaths with the chevrons on top and bottom are named after the illustrious Guyon. :)

Forever dubbed "The Guyon" but a person really has to look the actual Guyon in the eye to get one, and only the toughest of hogs has been able to for more than 1/10th of a millisecond before succumbing to deep and irrevocable insanity. :eek: There is a pic of the beast somewhere out there, but I am askeerd of looking!

Since you where asking about TGLB sheath here's a pic of my standard kydex sheath for TGLB. All my TGLB come with adjustable retention slots.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388877116762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388877116762.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 61
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388877135883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388877135883.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 50
Dwayne , at Armoralleather is the person I go to for custom designed leather. He has worked with me several times, to make a special sheath that I have drawn up.
Good prices, reasonably fast work, impeccable craftsmanship.
Heck of a good guy as well, and his wife is fantastic, with the communication and shipping. He is a contributor here as well.
This is one of my ideas, that Dwayne made a reality. I wanted a rig that I could wear as a horizontal dangler, weak side. I also wanted it to be able to worn as a baldric rig. With the leather he made for me, I can switch an individual sheath from one carry system to another. So far, I have three sheaths made for particular knives, that I can mix or match the carry method. For me, it is absolutely perfect.

This one, is for my Mean Street. With his design, I can wear it horizontal, or vertical.

One last picture. These are Dwayne's also, and I can't give him enough credit for the quality of his work.

Last edited:
Here are a few I've made for Busse Kydex with leather wraps and stuff. not the most badass or the best just some of my creations.

and a potbelly

Last edited:
You might want to define what qualities you are looking for in "BadAssery"

Okuden, makes the strongest best retention, jump out of an Aircraft Kydex.

The BuyBrown sheaths that I have are like Speedos for knives, sleek and fast to present, and pretty secure if made with a sheath hole to match a Talon hole in a Busse knife, comfortable to carry.

The others I have used are all functional, but the two I listed are my choice for most of my knives.

Get on the phone and talk with the sheath makers and tell them the uses, the types of carry, if you are brush busting, scrambling up, down or across scree, if you end up on your ass sliding down steep terrain, you will just plain be Grateful for an Okuden, if you are spending time Driving a car or a 4wheeler of any kind, fishing/hunting, but very seldom fall, then a BuyBrown will be more comfortable and easier to use.

I'm not going to read all of this thread, but I can support papa on the above…as far as Leather..Kenny Rowe is an Artisan with Leather.
All of my keepers are in (Chuckette' and Flying MOAB) Okuden and all of my pack/carry knifes are in BuyBrown
I have a couple of Mashed Cats but I am very careful about who I let handle them since a couple of people almost cut their fingers off pulling the knife from the sheath.

Okuden kydex with River-8 suspension and cordura, I've had River-8 do 3 or 4 sheaths for me and they were all well worth the cost and wait, a truly unique and innovative design:thumbup:

Here's one on its maiden voyage that I sold (regretfully) many moons ago, a Swamp Rat SBR
milke071.jpg

And a much more recent iteration that I will not part with under any circumstances, it's much more beat up now though.
50a06382.jpg

The view from kneeling
676011.jpg

And another I sold that I so bitterly regret, Busse competition SARsquatch
Picture012-1.jpg

I want to get a Becker necker sheath to him for a small EDC pouch too

Man, there are some beautiful sheaths in this thread. How lucky are we with all of these amazing options?

Resurrecting this one with another TGLB sheath, really like seeing all these different sheaths from fellow sheath makers.
IMG_20140204_083444_zps083ed6de.jpg

IMG_20140204_083635_zpsd30a191f.jpg

IMG_20140204_083700_zps477a2d54.jpg

I found this sheath picture a while ago.
Sorry that it is not such a great photo but, it was taken many moons ago with my first digital camera that put PICS directly onto a floppy disk.

A "Floppy Disk" ~ What is a Floppy Disk?...you youngsters ask. :confused:

Anyway I thought you folks might want to see it.

I am just getting back into doing leather work these days after a long vacation away but, I am not making any sheaths for sale.

Do you like the leather fringe? :D

The laced triangle at the top is interesting also. It is my way of attaching leather to leather without using metal hardware.

Back