Sir Snark-A-Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for the lost ones.

On another subject. I picked up a $10 camillus fixed blade at the local Ballmart just cause.

Anyone else done that yet? It's sharp and the steel feels pretty hard so. It just might function. I don't much feel like using it

Damn,just found out my best friend succombed to meningitis in argentina an hour ago as well....that is just too crazy,staying home tonight.

My condolences . Just remember the good times, always and hoist him a brew.

It's pretty raggedy lookin', really more of a tear than a cut. But it's not even bleeding anymore when I tear the bandage off to clean it and put a new one on, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

As for how... let's just say I did something dumb, the workpiece got yanked out of my hands rather quickly, and now there's an unfinished blade blank stuck about an inch deep in the wall below/behind my bench to remind me not to do that anymore. The blank was neither pointy nor sharp yet, so what does that tell ya...

It's a good time to remind everyone buying all those fancy new power tools... they are a helluva lot stronger than you, and they're designed to tear through things a helluva lot tougher than you. Just remember bouys and gals,... whenever you hear or feel anything that doesn't seem right (and I guarantee it will happen sooner or later if you work in a knifeshop long enough) BACK AWAY and LET GO. If I had tried to hold onto that piece I might be missing most of a finger instead of just having a minor cut...

Take one step back and hit the kill switch. Then take several steps to the side until the dust clears and your heart stops pounding. DO NOT try to grab anything falling or flying. It's not a bad idea to practice this procedure kinda like a fire drill (without any machines running of course)... because when things go wrong, they often go wrong QUICK.

I just warned WW about this very thing earlier yesterday.

Sorry to hear that DD. Smoke and prayers headed that way as well!

My condolences . Just remember the good times, always and hoist him a brew.

I just warned WW about this very thing earlier yesterday.

Sure enough, and i take heed to the warning. Safety is number 1, so i listen to any advice regarding it. There is no knife worth being badly injured.

Darksidedenny - really sorry to hear about your friend. I've lost a couple of really close friends and I know it can be a rough time. Sometimes the world just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. More smoke and prayers out to you and yours.

Worldwood - your rig is looking great! I can't wait to get one of the limited edition dashis that I'm sure you'll be turning out.

Guyon - don't worry 'bout deez nutz. Listing or otherwise. I asure you they are in fine working order. :thumbup:

huh, his FB was updated 8 hours ago. weird.

Last update I see is last Thursday. His dad has a comment on one of the articles saying "this was my son. I am forever broken." Certainly doesn't look good. Surviving your kids has got to be the worst feeling.

JT - Be careful. I hear that MASS eliminations can cause all sorts of problems. From having to call Roto Rooter to having to go see Dr. Longfingers. :eek:

I need a new watch. Preferably a G Shock, maybe a Mudman. Anybody have suggestions?

I think Dvor has some watch sales going on right now. Might pop on and see if there's anything that catches you're fancy.

My preferred watch is a $15 Chinese Casio at Wal-Mart. Like it so much I bought two. So. Not sure I can way in on the fancy stuff but as far as practicalities, that's what I needed.

Digital, illuminated, water resist. Quick access. Not bulky.

Worldwood - your rig is looking great! I can't wait to get one of the limited edition dashis that I'm sure you'll be turning out.

Thanks bud!! I have been thinking up a couple dashis. One im liking has a pry bar type handle. Thinking i may make it with a double bevel... Not sure on that yet though. But i will for sure be making a couple dashis in the not too distant future. I like them, and they dont require lots of steel or any handle materials... Perfect for the broke man LMAO

My preferred watch is a $15 Chinese Casio at Wal-Mart. Like it so much I bought two. So. Not sure I can way in on the fancy stuff but as far as practicalities, that's what I needed.

Digital, illuminated, water resist. Quick access. Not bulky.

I dont own one but i really like the Seiko 5 with the OD green canvas strap handle. WANT. Cheap too in comparison to many of Seiko watches. Another buddy of mine just got a new watch thats awesome, much more pricey though... Let me find it.... OK, its a Seiko Lord with rubber band. Sweet looking in all black.

I dont care for metal band watches personally. Im not a jewelry guy at all.

I need a new watch. Preferably a G Shock, maybe a Mudman. Anybody have suggestions?

http://www.hodinkee.com/ i love me that $245,000 planetarium watch :D

suunto core? yah. i know you hate the vector. i do :D lol.

suunto has some new toys out.

or perhaps the solar atomic ultra casio badass...

or a smart watch for your android?

in 4-5 months, perhaps an apple watch... ;)

though county comm comm comm has some nice watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back