Size comparo Condor Undertaker

Fixed. The Condor is a bit longer, and has considerable width and spine thickness. But it is not a hip anchor, even with the sheath, which b.t.w. is incredibly snug right now. I will rub in some dubbin leather softener/protectant to help that along. It came super sharp except for inch or two at the tip. The sheath, as always with Condor, is excellent. Fit and finish is acceptable for what it is, better than Condors of years past.

Last edited:
I have a Condor Hudson Bay. One of the original release that was coated. I like the new version"s looks better. I've stripped mine and tried to thin the grind out a bit....

Decent knife.

I have a Condor Hudson Bay. One of the original release that was coated. I like the new version"s looks better. I've stripped mine and tried to thin the grind out a bit....

Decent knife.

Yes I also had an original Hudson Bay, actually I have a lot of Condors. My first H.B had a subtle but noticeable warp in it. I thought that I could live with it, but it became irritating over time when it needed sharpening. I eventually contacted Condor about it and they were kind enough to send the newer replacement. I really beat on that original, but I doubt if I have had time to take this one out even once. Part of that is time commitment, and part of too much steel to play with. I gave the original away to a friend who also metal detects in the bush. And that is where I intend to haul my Undertaker to today. I'll have to watch my rear end as the blackies in the Boreal forest where I'm going are coming out with cubs right now. I can usually pick up a few fur trade rings, or trinkets from the 1700's. And play with some steel. The undertaker should be long enough to double as a brush clearer. I wont have time for a fire, I did that last night with the wife out at a lake.

Back