Sledge Hammers!

That is one gorgeous TT sledge! Wow. This is my first sledge other than my user I've had for years. It's a #7 ATHA tool co with no horseshoe. Does this make it unique or old? Does anyone know when they started using the horse shoe or why it may be absent from this sledge?
NcHInW0.jpg
ZaXBHAW.jpg
9BTmZf8.jpg
iXizOMN.jpg
AVwIaqW.jpg
VJRSuHR.jpg
XLB9mHr.jpg

YJ,
Very nice job. How long of a handle did you decide to go with ? I have an 8 lb. TT
that I need to hang. Thanks for the motivation.
Charles

YJ,
Very nice job. How long of a handle did you decide to go with ? I have an 8 lb. TT
that I need to hang. Thanks for the motivation.
Charles
I have it on a long 36" handle at the moment. Its what i had for it and it was the only sledge i had to hang so it made sense. I'll most likely cut it down at some point. I have a good idea for a palm swell that i think I'll try out on that. I'll post pics if and when i do it. I look forward to seeing your TT hung!

Looks like someone re-forged a ball pein.
Maybe. But the area that the eye goes through looks like it would not be that shape for a ballpein that would have had the low mass that this one does. And it is unlikely that that much extra mass would have been squeezed down and cut off. Interesting.

Back