Sledge Hammers!

You might have caught these in the “followed me home thread”. But they are a couple of my favorite 3lb hammers, maybe people will appreciated some detailed shots here.
ZlS4htv.jpg

I love the leather wrapped handle on the
E.C. Atkins & Co. It has a great shape and feel.
WQCl1ki.jpg

The Grammond diagonal peen has a beautiful form and it is in great condition!
BqgE2Op.jpg

I have not yet been able to locate any information at all about the Grammond company...?
pR22DSE.jpg

aGxIYn4.jpg

You might have caught these in the “followed me home thread”. But they are a couple of my favorite 3lb hammers, maybe people will appreciated some detailed shots here.
ZlS4htv.jpg

WQCl1ki.jpg

BqgE2Op.jpg

I have not yet been able to locate any information at all about the Grammond company...?
pR22DSE.jpg

aGxIYn4.jpg
Pretty weird to have the word "beautiful" and "hammer" in the same sentence but those are some damn beautiful hammers! Jblyttle finds some really good looking ones pretty frequently. It's nice to see someone else getting a few as well. Nice hammers are one thing that i can't seem to find anywhere. I had one but gave it to my father in law for Christmas. Those are unique and sweet!

ZlS4htv.jpg

WQCl1ki.jpg

BqgE2Op.jpg

pR22DSE.jpg

aGxIYn4.jpg
I'm guessing that the Grammond hammer was made by it's original owner. The other...I have a similar design in the 6-8lb size that I will be showing soon.

ZlS4htv.jpg

WQCl1ki.jpg

BqgE2Op.jpg

pR22DSE.jpg

aGxIYn4.jpg

I have long wanted to try a diagonal peen hammer.

Reactions: A17
ZlS4htv.jpg

WQCl1ki.jpg

BqgE2Op.jpg

pR22DSE.jpg

aGxIYn4.jpg

Are the faces of the larger one slightly beveled on both ends? Is that one a saw doctor’s hammer for large circular blades (milling sized)?

Both are terrific!

Reactions: A17
Are the faces of the larger one slightly beveled on both ends? Is that one a saw doctor’s hammer for large circular blades (milling sized)?
Yes! These two were actually used for repairing saws! I had assumed crosscut saws but you would know better than I.
I tried to get some good photos of the faces here. The edges are very smoothly rounded with the diagonal end being practically spherical.

F3-D3-EA00-B45-F-4-B08-8279-15-A205-E31-DDA.jpg

0943-E781-23-FD-498-A-B0-F2-AC832-A8-CCFFC.jpg

C7527-A69-8-BBB-486-D-B9-DD-8741-F93853-DD.jpg

Back