Sleeping with knives

I've got two dogs, and each of my neighbors got two dogs. If anything happens in the neighborhood, they all start barking. It would be difficult for a fly to sneak into the neighborhood.

When I'm on trips my SO always takes a folder to bed with her. And one of my lights, preferably something that looks mean. I think its cute.

I don't take knifes to bed, but I've had some on my nightstand for sure.

One under the pillow,one on top of the nightstand and about 15 in the drawer of the nightstand beside my glock 2 ! Im glad not to be the only one with a heavily armed nightstand :D

Sleeping with your knives seems a bit dangerous, i think i read that Angelina Jolie did that
I have a 20 inch Sirupati Khukri made by Sher and a short ASP baton on my bedside table... also a Surefire 6px

Glock 22, whatever large folder I carried that day, two Nebo 250l flashlights. All on the nightstand.

I have my knife storage box on my night stand, but that is not the first thing I would go to if I felt someone was breaking in. I have three little yappy Pomeranians, and they would let me know if someone was coming in. I would open my drawer to my night stand and grab my XDM9 that holds 20 in the clip and 1 in the chamber, and my wife would open her drawer and grab her Walther PK380. Problem go bye bye.

I have a very small and thin handmade kwaiken that I carry in a lo-pro kydex sheat IWB in my jammy pants. I live in the sticks so at any point in the night I could be awaken, be if for one of the dogs that NEEDS to go potty, the rabbits going nuts in their hutch because of a nearby predator (racoons have been really bad this year, and the yotes are nearly fearless), and so on. Usually, I end up awake at night doing one chore or another and I got tired of having my knives either on the belt of my work pants or otherwise tucked away in places that are inaccessible whilst in jammy pants and dealing with whatever deed called me out of bed. I certainly don't carry it for protection. There is a .22 by the door for an errant raccoon messing with the livestock, and a G20 in the nightstand drawer for 2-legged miscreants that have made it past my trained GSD, or the golden that can hear a fly fart two counties away (he is the alarm and the GSD is the muscle).

I do frequently sharpen knives in bed, so there is often a knife or two on the nightstand for that purpose. I don't "sleep" with one in my hand though. I'd be afraid to hurt my wife, or the aforementioned golden that likes to snuggle between us in the wee hours.

I live in a VERY safe community. No gates or exclusive zip-code necessary. But I've been witness to the most heinous of violence that befell people who would have vehemently defended how safe a place their neighborhood was, and denounced the thought of any sort of protection beyond dialing 911. It only takes one incident to change your life forever. How you decide to prepare yourself is not my place to judge.

Usually do the pocket dump on the dresser. Recently though, I have bought a few flippers and am wondering what kind of disorder came withe the purchase. So now I usually have whatever folder I was playing with when I go to bed laying on the nightstand. G26 in nightstand drawer on my Lady's side. Flashlight was not something that I had considered which is funny since I have to have one as part of my edc or I feel naked. I have a couple Surefire lights and will remedy this. Might keep her from shooting me if I get off of work and come home at an odd hour.

To address the op, I have never slept with a knife in my hand or in the bed with me. However, when I buy a new pair of work boots I usually wear them around the house and sleep in them the first night. Sounds crazy, I know, but it is getting to the point that a man will soon have to start financing a decent pair of boots. People are driving cars around that cost less than a good pair of boots!

I guess a good dog seems to be the best pillhead defense or "alert mechanism", but I really don't have the time to invest in making one a "good" dog right now. I still have not gotten the kid trained the way I want her yet! I could probably get her to bark but, light sleeper she is not!

I like my knives, but not enough to sleep with them. We're just friends.

Plus my dog would get jealous.

After a year of being single, one or two knives tend to end up on the bed next to my phone and tablet.
Not wierd at all.

I uhh...wow, no. I don't sleep with a knife in hand, in my bed, or on my bedside stand. I have multiple firearms in reach. If I end up having need a knife in the event of a home invasion, something took a drastic turn that I can't even imagine.

Literally LMFAO! Same thoughts, here.

The only time I sleep with a knife is if I pass out with my clothes on and my EDC stuff still in my pockets. Although I was tempted to take my new bow to bed last night...

I have protection/war K9s. No way anyone is getting past them - period. I have a $10,000 bet for anyone who wants to try and succeeds. I keep a Glock 41 with a gear vest (packed and ready to go) with my trusty AK, by my bed. The K9s sleep at the front and back door of the main floor and my small hunting terrier sleeps next to my bed for an alarm to my room.

I don't know why some of you think of defense first. I'm laying in bed watching TV fondling a knife. Not hiding under the covers with it. LOL

Back