Recommendation? Sliciest flipper?

My baklash and Plethiros are really slicey. So is my amalgam. Those are probably my thinnest bte knives. All my spydercos cut well though, and my ZT 0095bw is surprisingly very slicey as well! Thin stock, high grind... Its really nice.

470 is great as well after a reprofile. And great ergos and pretty light. 456cf is surprisingly slicey as well for such thick stock.

I just wrote a lengthy post about my zdp 189 endura the krein did years ago.
Not re typing it, it is awesome and i love it.

Russ

View attachment 1224590 I’ve only had this knife for a little while, since it went discontinued. But I have absolutely fallen in love with this guy. You can open it anyway you can think of and it carries in the pocket amazing. And most importantly it cuts like crazy.

This is a really easy knife to get attached to. Those Texans design and Spyderco makes good knives.

Last edited:
The Buck Vantage is a pretty great slicer. Also, the WE knife Roxi and Kizer Envoy come to mind. Spyderco mantra does too. Just to throw some others into the mix.

Last edited:
That definitely goes to my Cheburkov Scout - it is a ridiculous slicing machine. The distil taper is insane.

MbLUiVZh.jpg

ndGMKn2h.jpg

nQfztFJh.jpg

gY4Y6tTh.jpg

K2Fo7DOh.jpg

mHnAjmSh.jpg

PbpO8RSh.jpg

JnJAk2Ph.jpg

Still kicking myself for not grabbing an Advocate when they were disco'd and priced at $150.

This is a relatively unknown one, but the Something Obscene Company J-Cape V3 is the best I know of. While it does use 4mm thick stock, I measured mine out to be about .015" thick behind the edge in the hollow ground section, and it's got a very deep and high hollow grind. The ratio of grind height to stock thickness is kind of like that of a good FFG Spyderco, as an example of the primary blade geometry. It cuts and separates anything I've tried with ease, either in the kitchen or for EDC.

Many WE-produced knives nowadays are similar (and some have .095" blade stock, like the Rectifier), which is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Agree with the comments regarding the Advocate. I continue to be damn impressed with this knife, particularly at the discounted price which makes it a steal. It broke me of my "no more flipper framelocks" rule.

Was going to come into the thread and say my Mantra 1... then y'all somehow talked me into getting an Advocate before they were gone... So, I guess I will keep you posted here in a couple days :D

This is a really easy knife to get attached to. Those Texans design and Spyderco makes good knives.

View attachment 1224799 View attachment 1224800 View attachment 1224801 Both flip great and slice incredibly well.
The ‘edge’ goes to the Advocate.

Still kicking myself for not grabbing an Advocate when they were disco'd and priced at $150.

Agree with the comments regarding the Advocate. I continue to be damn impressed with this knife, particularly at the discounted price which makes it a steal. It broke me of my "no more flipper framelocks" rule.

Spyderco mantra ,kershaw skyline and ganzo fh41 are very good slicers, thin behind the edge..
Also mr.blade lance is fine

Back