[slightly of-topic, but should be Busse-relevent] Dream trip + dream 3 knife combo!

Half the joy of owning cool gear like a Busse knife is imagining the adventures that it will be taken on!

I wanna know 2 things:

Firstly, what is your DREAM trip?
--This could be based on reality, something youve done before, something youre going to do, or just a pipe dream!

Secondly, You are must choose three knives to take. You cannot have more than one of any manufacturer (I'm assuming there will be at least one Busse :p)
-- and I want to know what scenarios you envision these knives might be useful for

This is just for fun, don't worry too much about feasibility. In in many ways the more outlandish the adventure, the better the test for the knives!

Knives? On a trip? I think we have different definitions of "trip." So vegetating on some island in the Pacific or Indian Ocean at a resort with endless drinks doesn't count? :cool:

I'll play, cause I have been thinking about it lately....
Dream trip- primitive cabin on river in Alaska, blades one of my Mistresses, BOSS ST for small belt knife and TG for camp chores

I'll get the ball rolling:

A few weeks ago I posted a request for Busse forumites to help me out with info on Algerian travel -- In a revision-induced-madness, I had decided that the best thing to do with my life was to walk across Algeria. Thanks to the solid advice from people like PeterPHWS (I think I may not have spelt that right) and others, I realised that at the present time Algeria isnt a sensible place for a long trek. One day I will hopefully do this, but will wait until its less likely that I will end up on youtube being decapitated.

However, I will hopefully be travelling in Oman for a few months next year :) My gf who grew up there assures me that I am very unlikely to have my head chopped off and that the Omanis are very hospitable.

My 3 knife combo would be:
a) a Nepalese Kukri to function as my chopper, they are cheap cheerful and get the job done with minimum fuss. Plus theyre cool and I've always wanted one since I was a little kid.

b) medium knife, TGLB.... Not everyone's cup of tea, but it has a nice range of functionality, looks cool (to me) and I can order one from the shop right now in pumpkin handles

c) emerson cqc-8... I just think this is a nice little knife, and love the banana-shaped blade. obviously selected for more detailed work

Clearly in this scenario three knives may be overkill- but remember this is just for fun. I really wanna know what kind of adventures get you guys excited :)

silverbullets: love the sound of that... sadly I would only be able to get a 3-month US visa, and I'm fairly sure they don't want English people clogging up your beautiful terrain! :p If you could only have a maximum of 1 knife from 1 manufacturer?
--I should have phrased it better! I meant that you can take 3 knives, but they have to be from 3 different manufacturers...

Gary: You're telling me that in a drunken haze on a beautiful island you don't wanna go into the jungle and smash some vines up with a knife?! :p

Oh man, Umm... how about Somewhere in the North West wilderness, Northern Cali or Washington with a

1. Swamp Rat Rattle Hawk. All heavy chopping duties

2. Busse Sarsquach, Most all other camp chores

3. Hinderer XM-18 3.5 Orange/Ti Flipper spanto. The small stuff

If the Rattle Hawk doesn't count ill have a NMFBM, Ratmandu,
Hinderer.

Last edited:
I would go to Peru to see the Nazca Lines, Machu Picchu and other ancient ruins.

Of what I have for blades from three different manufacturers I would take,

Fiddleback forge 16" machete

Busse SARGE 7

Matt Caldwell 1-4

Brazil to fish for monster peacock bass.
Busse basic 11
Swamprat Rodent Solution or Ratmandu
Leatherman Charge Tti

Starting in Yunnan province in south west China (tropical forest), heading north through the Three Parallel Rivers region (where Himalayas descend into the tropical lowlands of south east Asia; highest vertical relief in the world), and ending up in Tibet. NMFBM, Ratmandu, Scrapmax.

Play this game I will!!! MOAB, FSH, RMD

silverbullets-Yo Bro you make it up here, give a yell, we will test the theories:thumbup: Bang sticks and Blades;)

Im really interested in checking out the RAT in southern asia or the amazon. Its not a dream vaca but a dream bucket list kind of thing.

1.KZ2
2. Scrapper 5 LE
3.Mission Ti MPU 3 inch necker

Back