Slim Pro question

Are the dimensions of this knife the exact same as the 110 and 112 in every way, except the thickness? I haven't seen one in person and early on, some of the pictures I had seen, it almost looked like the blades were shorter on the slims than on the standard 110/1112s? So I kind of haven't paid any attention to them. Saw where someone else posted a slim pro 110 and it looked like normal 110 Blade. Maybe I had seen pics at odd angles or the lack of a nail nick makes the blade look different? Eyeing a green od slim pro, looks like a great modern version of a 1980s' Bucklite. Can someone post some comparison shots of the slim pro beside production 110/112s?
Thanks

According to the Buck Website the Slim/Slim Pro 110 has a 3.75 inch blade, the same as a standard (or LT) 110.
The Slim/Slim Pro 112 has a 3 inch blade, same as a standard 12.

The dimensions of my 112 Slim compared to the classic 112 and an auto vary by less than a millimeter. The blades are not the same shape, especially the points. Here is a rubbish picture for your review.
vJAREHe.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. These are really growing on me! A couple of more questions on these. I read where they don't have liners. Do they have the bronze washers , or are they not needed with micarta? I've never had a knife made with micarta, what are some of ya'lls opinions on the micarta? I have some of the paperstone lite models and i think they are suppose to be similiar?

Good looking knife. How's the blade play on these?
early pro micarta had some minor up and down and side to side. early plastics had no play. pro and plastic out now have no play. I'm going by my own experiences with about 7 of the 110s in pros and plastics. others experiences will differ.

Good looking knife. How's the blade play on these?
I have a 112 in micarta and another with the plastic handle in front of me right now. I've used both of these knives daily at work for a few months. Both lock solidly without any play.

Bump on the micarta question.
I don't think I have ever handled a micarta knife. From what I have read , it is pretty strong. Not sure if there are any washers at the pivot or not? If not, would anyone think that there would ever be an issue from the blade rubbing after years of opening and closing against the micarta? I know on my original 422 Bucklites, it is not an issue. I'm guess the same would apply with Micarta?

I don't think I have ever handled a micarta knife. From what I have read , it is pretty strong. Not sure if there are any washers at the pivot or not? If not, would anyone think that there would ever be an issue from the blade rubbing after years of opening and closing against the micarta? I know on my original 422 Bucklites, it is not an issue. I'm guess the same would apply with Micarta?
Bushing instead of washer? I see no wear on the Micarta at all. I have one of the earliest versions,

There are no washers. Our testing showed no long term wear from the blade rubbing on the micarta

Last edited:
^I'd get the 110. The 112 is just not enough knife for me (and I have average size hands). I like 'em a little heavier too, so I'd go micarta over plastic.

Back