Sling Swivel Mount?

I recently ordered a sling (Magpul MSI), stock, and handguard for my AR. The new stock looks like it doesn't have a ring like the original for a sling. The gun is an MP Sport 2.
The question is do I need sling swivel mounts and if so what kind?

I’m far from an authority on AR’s but does your sling have a QDM attachment?

204059D4-4F6F-4FAF-B3EF-8ABCD54E7FD5.jpeg
If so, you just need to put a QDM attachment on your handguard.

3755A4BF-A1E3-4AF9-BAAB-69821A6E6284.jpeg

Hope that helps. If not, be kind as I opened by saying I’m not an expert! :D

Last edited:
Me neither, obviously.
The sling came with no hardware on the ends of it. I can still slip it through the ring that's fixed to the bottom of the gas block/sight post but the new stock does not. I suppose I'll just have to get something similar to what you have. Do you like those?

Check out the Magpul MS3 adaptor for your sling. It'll give you clips on each end and a place to convert it to a 1 point if you like.

I have mine attached to a Magpul asap end plate. It works great.
20200407_020200.jpg

The front is attached to a QD mount that's integral to the rail.
20200407_020214.jpg

Or you could get a rail mounted sling hook. These all work great with the MS3 clips.

20200407_021516.jpg

What kind of stock and handguard did you order?

Just noticed that they both come with QD ports. I installed the handguard yesterday. The stock has yet to ship.

I was going to upload a picture of the handguard installed, but it keeps saying the file is too large. Any idea what size it needs to be?

The MS4 adaptor will give you QD on each side of the sling instead of clips.

I was going to upload a picture of the handguard installed, but it keeps saying the file is too large. Any idea what size it needs to be?

I'm honestly not sure. I've got a resizing app on my phone that I use to shrink my photos down. The majority of the ones I take have always been to big for the forum.

You can just feed the sling through the slot in the Magpul stock. That's what I do with mine. I don't like QD or swivels on the rear attachment point. I do like a QD attachment on the front to make it easy to separate the receivers.

Back