Sliverax: why mine is being returned

part of what put it on my list was the fun/fidget factor and if that's compromised somewhat I find it less compelling.

Mine's fun & fidgety! Not quite the free dropper my PM2s or P3s are but easy to flip open and closed. It does free drop but not like a PM2.

I have two Spydies with a washer bearing flipper action; The Mantra and the Advocate. Both were initially stiff when I first got them. Both wore in quite nicely, and I am very happy with them. The action on both is now wonderful. However - you could make the argument that an expensive flipper should work well right out of the box.

So far I am really enjoying mine. Compared to the Mantra and Domino (I like both of those) the action feels very similar. The Sliverax has performed every task I normally use my PM2 for (except I have not cut any roofing tiles with it yet.) Camp chores, food prep, cardboard, steak knife, carved a walking stick. My action is very smooth left or right handed. Sometimes I flick, some times I flip. The knife carries very well for me and the blade shape is growing on me. She is definitely a keeper and a slicer. Finally something to carry that gives my PM2 a little competition for pocket time. At first I thought the grip geometry would be where this knife would fall short with me but I find it to be very comfortable even if it does not have any gimping. Now if it had a tip down carry it would be ideal for me.

Back