Sloppy Spyderco Fit & Finish- Manix 2 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me what you will.

Ok.

You are selfish, immature and you make problems for yourself. I'm pretty sure the Spyderco forum isn't the first place you have had troubles, or even heard this.

The people that gave you this sense of entitlement did you no favors and you are destined to have a difficult life until you snap out of it and grow up.

Such a small , trivial thing and so easy to correct. Look at what you have gone through. Life can grind you down. Don't waste your energy on trivial, petty issues. Save your time and energy for the important things.

Your silly exaggerations like describing the "sharks teeth" aren't necessary. Better pictures would have helped. Using a microscope would have made it unnecessary for your colorful descriptions.

What would you have done if Spyderco W&R had told you to get stuffed? Man, that would be worth paying to see. :)

Joe

Last edited:
Jeez you people take things so seriously.

Let me clear this up.

1. I don't expect a "freebie" however if I ran a company, I would do something along those lines. I'm sorry for appearing entitled, that was out of anger. But it is fun to watch the tough guys come out on Bladeforums! Thank you for your infinite perfect wisdom!

2. $5 is not much money, however it's not about the money, it's about the thought. I feel ripped off by having to pay a cent extra just to get the quality knife I ordered a month ago. In my opinion, yes, Spyderco should pay for all shipping costs so the customer is not punished by their issue.

Bladeforums has some of the most sensitive internet tough guys I've seen... It's like you wait for someone to say/do something you disagree with so you can spread your ideas. I swear some people on this thread are convinced that the liner is not Spyderco's fault.

However I do feel strongly they pay for my shipping, just because I shouldn't lose a cent over this.

I agree with you, but if it's policy that a compnay doesn't reimburse postage you're SOL. Perhaps that should be taken into consideration when buying a product in the future. Some will, some wont. Bark River will refund postage if it's their mistake, but getting them to admit there's something wrong can be a challenge.

I didn't send it back to the dealer because it's not their fault. However they did promise to send me a new one if Spyderco would not.
Actually it is partially the dealers fault. They took your money for a new product and should have inspected the knife before shipping (most good dealers will). If they didn't, you may want to take your business elsewhere. However, as they have agreed to send you a new knife if Spyderco can't or won't fix the problem, at least they are trying to make it right.

Last thing, my advice to the OP is to relax, wait and see what happens. Don't be baited by some of the Spydie fanboys here trying to protect their favorite brand and respond emotionally to them. FYI: They are trying to make you look bad and discredit any legitmacy to your gripe. All this drama has detracted from the orginal purpose of your post. If you need to vent, send an emotional letter to the company you have greivance with, see how they respond and move on with living life.

Give us an accurate follow up in a few weeks about what Spyderco has done right or wrong about fixing your knife to your satisfaction. I would like to know if Spyderco stands by their product since I own many of them personally.

Last edited:
You're totally right on the dealer. They should have checked the knife- but it was ordered from an ebay storefront so that's always a gamble. Maybe they were trying to avoid any oils or finger prints on the blade?

I will keep this story up to date... as soon as I finally get my knife:(

Jeez you people take things so seriously.

Let me clear this up.

1. I don't expect a "freebie" however if I ran a company, I would do something along those lines. I'm sorry for appearing entitled, that was out of anger. But it is fun to watch the tough guys come out on Bladeforums! Thank you for your infinite perfect wisdom!

2. $5 is not much money, however it's not about the money, it's about the thought. I feel ripped off by having to pay a cent extra just to get the quality knife I ordered a month ago. In my opinion, yes, Spyderco should pay for all shipping costs so the customer is not punished by their issue.

Bladeforums has some of the most sensitive internet tough guys I've seen... It's like you wait for someone to say/do something you disagree with so you can spread your ideas. I swear some people on this thread are convinced that the liner is not Spyderco's fault.

I don't remember reading any post in this thread saying that the problem with this knife is not Spyderco's fault, due to the fact that it slipped through Spyderco's QC department....but you know what? No one is perfect. :yawn:

As has been advised over and over.....and over again by your fellow members, you should have taken up the dealer on their offer to replace the knife with a new one. I'm sure that they would have made it a point to inspect it and make sure there were no issues with the new one before sending it to you. All of this complaining would have been avoided and you wouldn't come off as being the kind of person that you have portrayed yourself to be. :rolleyes:

To send it to the dealer, I would have had to ship it. Also considering that Spyderco makes a significantly larger profit margin than the dealer. I figured Spyderco would be the fastest, best way. My mistake.

IMO, I think that the problem all started with you buying a knife on ebay......when there are plenty of dealers here on this site, that help support Bladeforums, and that also have a solid reputation for taking care of their customers. I buy the majority of my knives from New Graham and, upon request, they have absolutely no problem taking a knife out for a quick inspection before shipping it off.

In one instance, where NGK did send me the wrong knife, they shipped the correct blade along with a shipping label to return the other knife back to them at no charge to me. This occured only once in the ten or so years that I've dealt with them.

To each their own, but for any knives that I buy, I stay away from ebay. :thumbdn:

Last edited:
Generally I stay away from Ebay. But they had a killer price and it was a store front so it wasn't purchased from some random person. They sell tons of products and keep them stocked so I made an exception.

I too purchased a Spyderco knife from an eBay storefront. When I received it, i noticed the grind was higher on one side than the other. I opted to send the knife back to Spyderco as opposed to the store. That was my choice, and I did it mainly because I wanted it to be fixed by Spyderco. Sending the knife back to the store; I might have gotten another knife with issues, which I wouldn't have been happy about, and I figured I could wait another few weeks so that Spyderco could fix the problem correctly. Yes I did have to pay shipping, and the $5 fee (if its not covered under warranty, which it should be), but I paid significantly less than retail, so I'm not mad about it. I do understand the OP's frustration, but as Jmboz said, "relax, wait and see what happens."

To send it to the dealer, I would have had to ship it. Also considering that Spyderco makes a significantly larger profit margin than the dealer.

Can we get some evidence on that, along with the numbers please? I'd like to see this. Shouldn't be much of a problem for you to prove it, eh? You seem confident of your facts which is what I'd like to see. It's an interest of mine.

Also, was this a cosmetic problem, or a safety issue seeing as you described the problem as being like "sharks teeth? Did it draw blood or injure you in any way? We all know just how dangerous sharks can be after all. Sure scared me when you described the "sharks teeth" on your problem knife. Goodness, lucky you didn't loose your whole arm!

Sure, it's fanboys. the fact that you are an annoying, exaggerating whiner has nothing to do with the way you have been recieved here.

Keep telling yourself everybody else but you is wrong, unless they agree with you naturally. :)

If you believe we've been in any way less than welcoming to you than you probably ought not to go to some ( most actually) of the other knife forums as this one is pretty fairly, and strongly moderated. You might find yourself handled roughly at most others. We're kept pretty polite here, as it should be. We mostly come here to learn. I do anyway.

If you don't get along here chances it's you who are doing something wrong. You don't really seem the type to take advice though.

Joe

Last edited:
I got a manix 2 sprint run that looked like that, and have seen others with the problem as well, so its not a one time thing. Its annoying because you know they can make good ones, and they should all be good ones really. Something is going on with whoever runs/sets up/programs the machine over there, inconsistency like this should be controllable. Like was said before, the liners are cheap and ones like that should be scrapped.

I got a manix 2 sprint run that looked like that, and have seen others with the problem as well, so its not a one time thing. Its annoying because you know they can make good ones, and they should all be good ones really. Something is going on with whoever runs/sets up/programs the machine over there, inconsistency like this should be controllable. Like was said before, the liners are cheap and ones like that should be scrapped.

And did you send it back or what? Whether it was a sprint run or not, I'm sure Spyderco would/could replace the liners.

Correction....IMO, they would replace the liners on a sprint run knife unless they have a new one, on hand, to send out to you. A regular production knife would simply be replaced with a new one.

Last edited:
Generally I stay away from Ebay. But they had a killer price and it was a store front so it wasn't purchased from some random person. They sell tons of products and keep them stocked so I made an exception.
Well $100 is about the same as what reputable dealers and people here sell em for (maybe + $5 shipping or whatever), you sure about that killer deal? The other posters are right though, you really should have just contacted Spyderco and sent it back, that's more or less what I did with a recent purchase besides a post here to make sure there was something significant enough to warrant a trip back.

As for your previous post on BF having sensitive internet tough guys, you have much to learn about the internet my friend, much to learn...

Bladeforums has some of the most sensitive internet tough guys I've seen...

Yep, it also has a lot of trolls........:jerk it:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this thread has run it's course. The Spyderco mods can open it back up at their discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back